:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Many congrats, Jenny and Kate. The purple one does look really good.

THe green one looks good too.

Thanks for all the photos it makes the wait a bit easier.

When we get ours I might have a look at automating the sliding door to open and close on a timer. A 12v electric actuator should do it rigged to a battery and a small solar panel on the garage roof. I think it would be fairly easy to do. I might install a hen cam as well and an automated egg retrieval system called Cathy.

Any chance of a close up shot of the back of the door? pretty please.

Kev

OMG! :shock::shock::shock:

How many pages???!!!

Unfortunately i didnt get my pink cube today as planned :(

However.......

I got a green one instead! :lol::lol:

This is only a temp. measure as they ran out of pink plastic so James called and asked if i would mind having a green one until they get the pink one sorted. 8)

OH took the day off work to take delivery of it, just my luck to be stuck in a meeting for 2 hours after school and i was itching to get home to see it! :evil:

When i arrived Johannes was just finishing off building it but OMG it is so HUGE!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

When are you getting new hens then Kate? Are you taking on rescued hens?

No, I did want rescue hens but as my current girls are really useless at laying eggs, I need something really reliable so I'm going to try some pure breeds, I think, if the breeder nearby has anything. I'll get some at the beginning of June as we're away for a weekend soon and I don't want to leave new hens with my thugs :wink: .

Emma!!! Congratulations!!! They are huge, aren't they :shock: !

I am so excited about tomorrow... I can't believe OH will be at home to take delivery and not me! :evil: I am expecting him to take photo's every minute and download them on here, so I can keep track!

Do you think my class will mind?? :lol::lol:

Oh okay Annie, I will come over tomorrow, just to make sure Jonnie takes piccies! :roll::roll:

The things I do for you :roll::wink::wink::wink:

That's what I like about you - you are on my wavelength - d'you reckon I could get away with 6 newbies instead of the 2 I am allowed to have which are now 4 :lol::lol:

Hen Cam and Egg Cam - perhaps that's the next design project for the Omlet Peeps.

I like the idea of that. :lol:

I have chickcam in the process of being set up so you cans ee my eggs hatch and watch the chicks

We will be calling it something different though as I can imagine th etype of people we would get otherwise.

I will post a link when its all sorted

A few pages back someone said 'but I don't need one' :roll: When was that ever part of getting a cube!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I really don't need one but it is my treat to me and I will justify it by getting more chickens. No wonder my family think I am mad. Now I have really seen the photos and heard all about them I really can't wait until mine arrives - nothing like wishing the summer away!

It's 5.30am, and I now have to go out in the garden to make final preparations (too much rain last weekend).

Jenny: you say the run with skirt is 6 feet wide, which is 1.83 metres. Omlet says it is 1.6 metres:

eglu_cube_dimensions_above_large.gif

I shall have to hope that Omlet are right! But I am beginning to suspect that working loosely on the idea of 6 feet would in fact be sensible: I think that you need more breathing space at the sides than I have allowed.

(The above picture shows the run with extension, by the way, which is what I am getting: so don't panic at the 3 metre length if you are only getting the standard run!)

And I don't think that I have made the ground level enough for something so large. The photographs I have seen make it look about the size of a car!

I hope to have some photographs of my own online by lunchtime (when of course my three old hens and two new ones will be playing happily together in their wonderful new home -- some hopes!)

Oh Gallina we were talking last night and are going to extend the area we haev by a foot to give morfe side access. Bet you're excited now. I am so glad there is a waiting list as I have had the urge to phone first thing and say please can I have mine tomorrow. I'd even drive ovedr and try and fit it in the mini :oops::oops::wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They don't need to advertise look at this thread and it's sold 8)

BBx

8) Have a lovely day, Gallina, I hope it goes well.

Speaking as someone who is now panicking that I haven't left enough room for the Cube (should I have measured before ordering? :wall: ) :lol:

Also, Omlet person will be struggling under shrub branches to set it up :oops: ...off to do some more pruning...it's grown since I ordered. Wonder if the trunk is in the way, oh help!

:roll:

Can't wait to see your pics!

That's what I like about you - you are on my wavelength - d'you reckon I could get away with 6 newbies instead of the 2 I am allowed to have which are now 4 :lol::lol:

Of course you can! It was buy 4 get 2 free :lol:

Just what I was about to say.... not only do we have the same first name.... :roll:

Dilly - great minds and all that :wink: He'll love them when you've got them; just go ahead and blame me!

Morning everyone!

Has anyone taken any pictures of their chooks in the new cube? Would love to see some. How did the chooks go on when they were let out this morning - did they slide down the ladder like a circus act? mine would, they come out of their mk2 like they've been fired from a cannon!!!! :shock::lol:

Emma.x