I am home, Christian is here, helping me to bite my finger nails....

Johannes has just called.... 5.30 :shock::roll::o

Poor you, that is a long wait but it'll make it all the more worthwhile when it eventually arrives! At least you have Christian, muffins and some of the afternoon off!

Oh no Annie

At least it's still light in the evenings and you'll be able to play with it for a while after it's up and running :D

Don't you feel a little bit guilty about your dear kind Headteacher? Perhaps a box of eggs tomorrow would be in order?

I'm excited too and I haven't even got one on order! But OH has admitted that the cube looks lovely and the girls are dutifully not laying ANY eggs at all. He is convinced we need younger models. :lol:

Can't wait to see a cube for real!

I am home, Christian is here, helping me to bite my finger nails....

Johannes has just called.... 5.30 :shock::roll::o

Right open some wine and I'll be right over :wink::D Seriously have a nice glass of something and a natter and time will fly. I've got an hour before my next client so I'll go for a walk and see what you have to say about 6pm. Oh Annie I am so excited for you :D

BBx :D

How horrible waiting all day! Lucky you have company. It is so exciting waiting to hear what you think of the cube. By the time us latecomers get ours they will be old hat and we know exactly what to expect but I think we will still be just as excited although "Ooops, word censored!"ody else on the board will be bothered. Still that won't stop us boring you all :lol: If it is not coming til late afternoon I definitely think it will be time for wine and nibbles or maybe even a bottle of the bubbly stuff to christen it. :wink: I will check in again later to see how it is all going.

Hi Gallina - sorry misunderstanding - MY RUN IS 6ft . I have a secure run in the garden that is 6 ft wide - perhaps to avoid confusion I should have said "pen"?

I'm so pleased for the new "cubers" - I'm so glad I had an early delivery - I think I'd have exploded with excitement at the wait !!

Last night was funny - went out to lock new chooks into cube ( changed my mind about leaving the door open as we had gale force rain) & they were standing under the cube ( makes a good shelter ) looking bedraggled but no sign of Stuart ( my 1 remaining hen) - OMG had she left in a huff ?? Checked Eglu but no sign of her !! Checked Cube & she was stretched out in the cube egg laying area looking very dry & comfy!!! This morning Stuart hopped down the ladder OK but the 5 newbies sort of flapped from the top - I think having wing clipped yesterday didn't help! So I'm not sure if they are able to get up & down very well yet ( I picked them up & put them in last night - soft or what!) but Stuart is certainly going up & down Ok-ish". I think whoever suggested ""Ooops, word censored!"bles" on the rungs of the ladder had a good idea - suggestion to Johannes ????

Anyway Annie ,Gallina & Steve ( hope I've got the names right!)

ENJOY!!

P.S. I wanted a red or purple cube but green was a compromise with hubby ![/b]

Johannes was nearly an hour late reaching me and I was the first customer today! He had four more to visit, and with each visit taking an hour and a half ... well, you can work it out. It is worth waiting for.

Here as promised are some pictures.

This is Johannes putting the base of the cube together (upside down) on the grass, where there was more room. I helped him carry it into position afterwards: it isn't heavy.

putting_cube_together-1.jpg

This is the base in position:

base-1.jpg

Putting on the run:

johannes-1.jpg

Chickens saying, "Where's the cube?" I am not joking. They haven't found it yet.

underneath-1.jpg

Home Sweet Home.

eglu_towers_3-1.jpg

The cube's run is light and airy. You can see through the sides without having to go down on your hands and knees. It is much less claustrophobic than the Eglu and run.

I have a Glug and Grub for the moment, as the proper feeders aren't available yet. But this is a free added bonus, as I will be able to keep them for extras. I don't think they will get so messy: there's room in the run to dig and eat.

Wow it looks so good - I am so impressed with the quality of all your photos. I am now rather pleased I am not one of the first as I still don't know how to put photos on the computer :oops: Jenny - you said you put them in the cube last night. Did you crawl into the run to catch them :lol:

Johannes left here at about 16:30, so he should be at Annie's by now.

Great job, top bloke... and the cube is fantastic !

A few pictures...

Nearly built...

Chickens002.jpg

Not sure that should be in there !

Chickens001.jpg

The girls seem happy...

Chickens022.jpg

Chickens020.jpg

I'll put a few more pics in the gallery shortly.

Many thanks Johannes for a job well done !

Steve

Edited by Guest

Well, the saga continues. Johannes rang at 3.10 to say he was running late and to expect him at 5.30.

Christian and I have now painted the whole house, and re hung a gate and lagged the shed. Johannes has just rung again :roll: to say he's 30 miles past Stonehenge, (nearly in Devon).

Only trouble is, we are 30 miles the other side of Stonehenge.

Sat nav eh? Wonderful thing.

So, ETA: 7.15 pm.

I have made up the spare bed. Christian and Johannes will be top and tailing.....

I am also putting out homing beacons and have lit flares for him.

I hope he's arrived Annie (your not on the forum)

You'll need a big torch to help him see in the dark when he is putting it up

He could be the first man to sleep in one :wink: