patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a twitteresque type thread on the forum & if people would be interested? I sometimes have something I'd like to share, for example - today I saw a hummingbird hawkmoth & wanted to tell you, but I don't want to start a thread so I don't share. Does that even make sense? I'd like to share little oddities without people feeling obliged to reply.

Agreed, most people are in bed between 11pm & 8am, especially if it's a Sunday!! I was up at 6am but was playing a game on FB :oops:

Do you mean a page where people can post interesting facts & snippets of things? If so the here goes: filling ice cube trays with cooled boiled water will give you completely clear ice cubes!

I'm liking this idea PatsyLabrador.

I didn't know that about ice cubes either, thanks I'll try that.

I met a friend in London yesterday, and I just want to say that when you've had enough of the hustle and bustle the Inn on the Park in St James' Park, just a few steps from Trafalgar Square is lovely place for a glass of chilled white!

Edited to say that I've made it sound like a posh hotel...it isn't its a cafe....

Edited by Guest

I love this idea, I know exactly how you feel.

Today my courgettes finally decided to make an appearance, everything else has grown into proper plants and I had given up on them yet there is a tiny little green bit.

My neighbours garage was on fire. I thought it was just a bonfire but when I looked again the flames were huge :shock: She came out when the fire engine arrived, and also thought it was just a bonfire! It was quite scary actually.

Edited by Guest

Well done Snowberry,(edit, sorry, meant Sam! :lol: ) it must have been scary. I didn't known that about icecubes, will try that method.

A yes from me Patsylabrador, only just logged on, hello Bronze!

Sometimes you just want to post a small random fact or observation without starting a new topic. Nothing to add just now, but I like it. :D

Edited by Guest

I like the idea of a 'bits and bobs' thread too.

....I just made toad in the hole (1st time with my chickens eggs) and it was lovely and not my normal soggy mess....shame my aunt will not remember it (alzeimers) .....

Hurray for the toad in the hole, but sorry about your aunt.

and like others I will be trying the ice cube trick - maybe with slices of lemon in them for posh.

I saw a lorry on the M62 the other day full of live eels :shock:

It had six large metal tanks on the back - you couldnt see in but the lettering on the lorry said it was an eel company transporting live eels. I never knew that there were enough eels transported to need such a thing.

Like this idea too. I've just joined twitter yesterday but as i don't have a smart phone so not often an internet connection when I'm out and about etc it's not really going to be used much. This forum, however, I'm on it all the time! LOL.

Just back from my local Aldi store. Is it just my store that never has the special buys out when the broucher or website says they should? Was tempted by the ipod dock radio as a birthday pressie to myself (32 tomorrow - wah!) or some kopparberg pear cider, or choc brazils for my dad as it said they came out today. Not a sniff.

I wonder where they were going and what for?

It's a horribly wet day here, but I still walked to Church. My dad was getting sworn in as Church Warden for another year. Also got dragged up the tower before the service as they were short of bellringers. Haven't rung for at least 2 years, but managed it without breaking anything. Hardest bit was getting back down the ladder in my heels :roll:

Ooh I never knew about how to make clear ice cubes either!

I did learn (from a kiddy programme) that you add sugar to washing up liquid+water bubble mix to make the bubbles bigger and better.

Another random thing, today my three year old boy asked me why chickens don't wee. I love his questions! :D

Could have done with this thread last week, something happened that I was very tempted to post about ( but didn't because it was too trivial) but I can't for the life of me remember what it was :lol: keep the thread going - it will come to me eventually :lol:

this thread is going to be good :D

ive just come back from my grandads at sheffield and we saw this caravan and car (the one with the flying silver lady on the front - sorry cant remember what sort :oops: ) from the 40's type style, brown and beige type colour, it looked like it had come straight out of a history lesson. the guy was wearing a brown leather flying jacket and smoking a pipe 8) I wish I had my camera - it was lovely

cathy

x

We went to a picnic at Brooklands Museum last night. We had to vote for our favourite car from each era and the best period picnic.

The picnic winner was a gorgeous little pre-war Austin 7 and the owners were dressed up as the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It must have made a bizarre spectacle to anyone they passed on their drive home, with a young Alice and a boy dressed as a grey rabbit sat in the back and this really tall chap done up as the Mad Hatter complete with top hat, driving along in this tiny car!