patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

We went to a picnic at Brooklands Museum last night. We had to vote for our favourite car from each era and the best period picnic.

The picnic winner was a gorgeous little pre-war Austin 7 and the owners were dressed up as the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It must have made a bizarre spectacle to anyone they passed on their drive home, with a young Alice and a boy dressed as a grey rabbit sat in the back and this really tall chap done up as the Mad Hatter complete with top hat, driving along in this tiny car!

Lol...

One Halloween a friend's father, invited to the same party as us, decided to dress up as the Grim Reaper. Unfortunately he had limited mobility and so drove one of those little scooters. His route to the party involved going past our always packed and excellent local Indian Restaurant....I just love to think of those diners faces as Death went by on his scooter...complete with scythe! :lol:

We went to a picnic at Brooklands Museum last night. We had to vote for our favourite car from each era and the best period picnic.

The picnic winner was a gorgeous little pre-war Austin 7 and the owners were dressed up as the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It must have made a bizarre spectacle to anyone they passed on their drive home, with a young Alice and a boy dressed as a grey rabbit sat in the back and this really tall chap done up as the Mad Hatter complete with top hat, driving along in this tiny car!

Anything that makes me think of the new version of 'alice in wonderland' makes me smile; I am in love!

My son is an adventurous sports guide in Japan & having quite an amazing life. He can see a smoking volcano from his window & has a farm job which means he meets locals too. BUT, he has to take his turn with the little children at the holiday centre, making hemp bracelets & making butter. He said there was absolutely nothing in all his army years that prepared him for that experience. A room of excited children expecting him to know what to do. As he said, he's hopeless at arts & crafts.

Happy Birthday :D Love that hen doorstep, do you know where it's from? I'm after a new one.

I woke up all excited because I'm meant to be having my oven cleaned. He was meant to be here at 9, he phoned at 8.30 to say his van wouldn't start and was waiting for RAC, he thought was just a flat battery. He said he'd phone me when it was sorted & he was on his way. I haven't heard from him :evil: Fed up of waiting now :(

We spent the weekend trying to make our own rollaway egg system for our homemade wooden house to beat our naughty girls, Saturday's prototype, was a complete failure, but with the addition of a cobbled together cardboard box it now rolls the eggs out of their reach, we now need to work out how to make the cardboard template more permenant. :?

I also saw something quite odd on the way to work last week and can'r for the life of me remember what it was now, great idea for a thread though. :D

:lol:

I'm having one of those days where I say I've got worms. I can't stop eating. This is not good news for my diet :roll: At least nothing will pass my lips from 6.15pm until 9.30pm whilst I'm at work :lol: I am very much looking forward to a quiet night there reading my book. Money for nothing 8)

I had a tour of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight hangar yesterday. Saw a Dakota, Hurricane, several Spitfires, Lancaster bomber and a Chipmunk. I can't believe I'd never done it before as I grew up near to RAF Coningsby! :D

We spent the weekend trying to make our own rollaway egg system for our homemade wooden house to beat our naughty girls, Saturday's prototype, was a complete failure, but with the addition of a cobbled together cardboard box it now rolls the eggs out of their reach, we now need to work out how to make the cardboard template more permenant. :?

I also saw something quite odd on the way to work last week and can'r for the life of me remember what it was now, great idea for a thread though. :D

Hey chickencam, a friend is struggling with crows stealing her hens' eggs and I suggested they try to make a roll-away egg system. Could you pass on your design??

Just booked tickets for mine and OH's birthday treat in January next year to see War Horse. Don't know how I will get on as even the trailer makes me cry. I have the book on my Kindle which I will read soon so that I don't have any nasty shocks

I took the kids a couple of years ago when it was in the West End. fantastic, marvellously beautiful, but VERY emotional. take tissues. take lots of tissues. oldest was in tears within 15 minutes and I didnt have enough tissues!

I used to have champagne hooded rats :D

But thats when I realised I was allergic to fur :( What kind are you getting?

Well I'm going to get four, but the breeder reckons that we should have get two pairs seperately and have a few months in between them. The ones that are coming in October are going to be either American Cinnamon or American Mink (hopefully dumbo) girlies, and then in January or June 2012 I'll be getting two Russian Blue or Blacks (preferably top-earred) :D Squeeeee I can't wait :dance::dance: To quote the email the breeder sent me: "You sound like lovely people who would make great rat Mummies." :D I'm so happy :dance:

I love hooded rats :D

It's a shame about your allergy :( Did you have to get your rats rehomed after that? :( That must have been awful :(