patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I went to have a look with my morning coffee today and was a bit :shock::shock::shock: 'my routine has been disturbed! Does not compute!!' glad it's back :D:D

I have bashed the back of my hand on the corner of something hard and pointy (like a desk corner) but not sure. It really hurts, especially if I lift up or bend my middle finger *sobs*

Hope you feel better soon. I am forever whacking my knuckles on doorframes etc so you have my sympathy! You'll have to try not to raise your middle finger.....no road rage! :D:D

Only gained access about an hour ago .. "gateway error" since 4am this morning!

Hoping all is well with the powers that be, that is was a glitch and not an issue :wink: Glad it is back up and running :dance:

Could have been maintenance that too a little longer than expected (not necessarily at Omlet, could have been a DNS at your ISP). Who would have thought someone would notice at 4am :shock:

Oh dear Mum... sounds like you're like me, awake at "Stupid O'Clock" so log into your fave sites to pass away the hours rather than toss and turn instead!! :roll::roll:

Conversation with YS when he came back from nights today.

YS - Mum, I've put my uniform in the washing machine, it's covered in blood

me - whose blood?

YS - not mine

me - ok, goodnight.

DD said it was a sign of the times and that he might as well have said that he had ink all over his work clothes. :lol:

Rosie was in town today with some friends and saw a girl they know from school (older than them) and she appeared to be 'off her face' on something. They were worried enough to take her home to her mum... this lass is only 15 :?

Another sign of the times.

How kind and responsible of Rosie (your daughter?) to care enough to see her friend safely home. It is sad enough when they get hammered at night, but even worse when it is during the day.

Can anyone recommend a cheap skin cream for very dry, itchy skin. I've started to be really bothered by this on my hands, forearms, lower legs and back for the last couple of weeks. I love Cotswold Lavender Farm body butter, its beautiful to use but too expensive for the amount of cream I'm using. Udderly Smooth was hopeless, I found an ancient bottle of E45 which has helped but I wondered if there's anything else I could try. I'm drinking water as though there's going to be a drought, that must help.

E45 is good - Pond's Cocoa butter/lotion is my fallback for cheap everyday moisturising.

If it's really bad, I recommend Oilatum products, but they are not cheap and be VERY careful if using in the bath/shower. They will soothe your skin but make the bath dangerously slippery! I speak from bitter experience :lol:

Can anyone recommend a cheap skin cream for very dry, itchy skin..

See your GP, some of the really good stuff is only available on prescription .

I'm off Lambing in 5 mins :mrgreen:

Finish at 6 or 7 in the morning... can't wait :D

Think I'll come and join you Lewis. I've just finished 5 online NHS finance modules :roll: and passed 2 of the assessments without cheating :anxious:

Well sort of. When you submit first answer it's marked as you go along so I could have copied answers down. All I did was photograph the screen.

Amazed how much I learnt though, some is useful but most went over my head and NHS changes all the time so I'm sure half what I learnt is out of date now. :roll:

Hope it's a warm night for Lewis.

Wasn't too bad, I wasn't cold anyway!

Our first lambs were triplets

40655210151305941065459.jpg

And had nearly another 20, most of which we helped - a couple breach and some just heads presented.

Had a ewe with Hypocalcaemia at about 5am so gave her 50ml of Calcium under the skin, was a bit better by the time we left but not really - hopefully find out she's ok on Weds.

Finally feel grown up + like I know what am doing! :D

Time to sleep 'til 10 then go to lectures!

:shock: Call the midwife!

Well done Lewis, you are so skilled now. What a fabulous night, sleep well.

Lewis, well done, gorgeous lambies :D .

Can anyone recommend a cheap skin cream for very dry, itchy skin.

A friend's daughter (who had just started work as a hairdresser and had very dry, sore hands) was recommended udder cream - yes really :lol: . It appeared to do the trick 8) . I can ask the name, if you like.

I have just ordered a pot for my FIL and one for us. Funny how things go in waves :D

I had a long chat with my YD last night. Apparently she is really unhappy at school. She started there last September (secondary) and although has friends, she is deeply unhappy :( Hopefully going to see her form tutor soon to see what we can do. Looking into if she may have dyslexia as she has some of the traits and see if that is what is making things seem unsurmountable. Only thing is, I always get teary when talking to people in authority, especially when it comes to my kids, and it is incredibly frustrating.

Well done Lewis, love the little black lamb. Just keep those lambing gloves well away from me.

I used to love lambing time when i helped out down in Cornwall.