sadietoo

quietly fuming.....

I hope the people who don't think your son is telling the truth have pefectly behaved teenagers who have never put a foot wrong :lol:

Sadietoo - as your son is going abroad the Post Office do a travelling account with a card that you can use in an ATM. You put a certain amount in and he can withdraw as he needs to, you can also top it up for him in an emergency. I did it for Jack a couple of years ago :D

So it's ok for the taxi driver to have the full force of the law descend upon him but the teenagers to get away with making off without payment :?

Two wrongs don't make a right :shameonu:

Quite ! I am in no way condoning the taxi driver's behaviour and yes robbery is a more serious crime but just because they're teenagers and 'young' does not mean their behaviour is excusable. At 18 most people are old enough to know right from wrong. Yes Sadietoo's son tried to make amends but at the end of the day the others made off without payment. The taxi driver is clearly not the only villain in this case. The others had options too.

What has happened to the other 18 yr olds? Your son & the cab driver are in an unpleasant situation & having to deal with the consequences, but it sounds like the others have got away with their dishonest behaviour & learnt nothing at all. That would make me fume, they're not children, I fully support the right of young boys to make stupid decisions, but these are young men.

No malice intended but as a parent of 4, all now grown up (and no it doesn't get easier), I added two extra R's to the learning experience, Respect and Responsibility, treat others as you would expect to be treated and everyone has a choice, any action has a reaction. I never allowed them to lay the blame on others,"it was my friends fault" would not be accepted, that said I have yet to meet the perfect adult, so why should kids be any different

I:

Sadietoo - as your son is going abroad the Post Office do a travelling account with a card that you can use in an ATM. You put a certain amount in and he can withdraw as he needs to, you can also top it up for him in an emergency. I did it for Jack a couple of years ago :D

Thanks scarlettohara, we have got him one of those..but unfortunately, he is also going to Denmark, and Croatia, where Euros aren't acceptable, and the worldwide one is expensive. We are going to top up the account of another member on the trip, and she will draw cash for him in the non Euro places, and we will have to sort out the bank charges afterwards!