Griffin

New Additions & A Photo For Tom.

These girls will be seven weeks old tomorrow and will be staying here. Their sisters are going to live at a nearby school. Hopefully third time lucky for me with Salmon Faverolles. The first I hatched was the only chicken I've ever lost to my dogs, the second prolapsed with her first egg, so fingers crossed that this little girl lives a long and happy life :pray:

Peaches:

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

As yet un-named blue partridge Brahma:

IMG_7733.jpg

IMG_7734.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg

The broody Brahma I was given this week. I know this photo will make Tom sick :lol:

IMG_7762.jpg

They are scrumptious, so feathery and yummy. 8) Does Peaches have a 5th toe or is it the angle

Awwww how beautiful. We have a Favorelle and she is one of my favourites, they are so placid and tame and they lay quite well too :D

Introducing her to the flock after her broodiness will be a good experiment in chicken intelligence. She's a full sister to my Bridget & Francesca. Firstly, can my flock count how many gold Brahmas there are amongst them? Will they notice the difference between her and her sisters?

Ooo your evil :twisted::lol: I told Maggie she has to go broody in the next couple of months :roll:

Doris has certainly made an impression on the other girls, she evil haha :lol:

Doris has certainly made an impression on the other girls, she evil haha :lol:

:lol: I did tell you she didn't know how small she was :lol: She certainly commands respect :lol:

Ooh lovely, especially Peaches! Your broody looks like she's muttering profanities under her breath :lol: and your other one, "Cream" instantly sprung to mind for a name! But more like gold-top :lol:

They are lovely and I do have a soft spot for brahmas however I gave my two partridge brahamas away to the school my SIL works at to start of there flock as they were forever going broody :roll:

Sticking with my usual theme of naming hens after Royalty, Mr Griffin came up with a brilliant name for new broody Brahma. Stuck up, fierce looking grumpy woman? Princess Michael of Kent :lol: