j00lz_12366

Pmt-anyone found anything that helps? :o/

As title says, am finding it harder to deal with, I've started taking evening primrose tablets, cut downon my caffeine intake and am trying to eat more healthily...am I missing anything because today just want to curl upon a ball and not wake up til next week, am v weepy, even in debenhams this afternoon...any helpful hints would be great,

Thanks

Hi, I know they're both cliche but exercise & chocolate do it for me. That wanting to curl up feeling is very hard to beat but (don't laugh) I have a bit of chocolate, for energy obviously, exercise until I'm hot & sweaty and I feel better for the rest of the day. I'm 52 and waiting for the whole wretched business to be done with. I'm sure that if men suffered this, more would have been done about it in science & medicine and women wouldn't have to put up with it!!

Agnus Castus is supposed to be good for balancing your hormones. Might be worth trying. Starflower is also another one. I take evening primrose oil, menopace (not quite at menopause yet but peri) and I walk the dog a lot. I definitely think that going out and about for a walk helps. I used to have horrible pmt, if I miss out taking my supplements for a while I can feel everything creeping back up on me. I can't wait for the whole thing to be over now. I definitely find that coffee has a big affect on me so try to keep it to a minimum.

Hope you find something that helps.

Definitely second what patsy labrador said - my dad always kept 2 huge bars of cadbury's in the fridge for my stepmum and me as a treat (he said it was for lady things, but we just ate it whenever :lol:). I find exercise helps with the cramps first and foremost, and then the afterglow perks me up a bit. I don't really suffer with PMT, but I find that the same sort of course of action helps for my issues :)

I was very lucky never to have really bad PMT, but now in surgical menopause, I find that the dropping hormone levels have made me feel awful at times - really down and in a black mood. Walking the dogs helps me - a good blast out, get the muscles pumping and the blood flowing and it really makes a difference. If I don't get to go out for a few days, I can feel it creeping back again. I hope you feel better soon - it's horrid isn't it? :(

Squiffs your Dad made me laugh - sensible man! My husband can be a pain, he always brings me a bar of chocolate back from the shop when he goes for his paper, despite me telling him not to. I'm wondering if he has an ulterior motive :think:

Squiffs your Dad made me laugh - sensible man! My husband can be a pain, he always brings me a bar of chocolate back from the shop when he goes for his paper, despite me telling him not to. I'm wondering if he has an ulterior motive :think:

I have the opposite problem. My oh DOESN'T buy me chocolate despite me telling him to :lol::lol:

I find the only painkillers that work are feminax, they are brill. I also find I'm ok as long as everyone around me behaves and acts exactly as I want them to. :wink:

Thanks for all the suggestions-going to go for a walk into town in a bit and pay a visit to boots and holland and barrats- is it ok do you know to take epo and agnus castus at sametime-I can check while I'm there..

It is only the emotional side of it that i struggle with-I had a hysterectomy several years ago but my ovaries are still there..

O/h is good,wants to help but has no idea what to do-came home with some flowers y'day to try a d cheer me up-didn't like to tell him it's no help at all cos the house is upside down at the minute and we've nowhere to put them...makes me sound so ungrateful,he's got health issues of his own at the minute so we're both trying tosupport the other and it's not easky

Thanks for the ideas

J,x

I was very lucky never to have really bad PMT, but now in surgical menopause, I find that the dropping hormone levels have made me feel awful at times - really down and in a black mood. Walking the dogs helps me - a good blast out, get the muscles pumping and the blood flowing and it really makes a difference. If I don't get to go out for a few days, I can feel it creeping back again. I hope you feel better soon - it's horrid isn't it? :(

Snowy, try Femarelle - it's 'changed my change' as they say :wink:

I used to take Starflower oil and found that it worked well.

I know there is isn't a huge wealth of scientific evidence to back this up, but I find aromatherapy helps me. Whether it's a placebo or not I don't care! It makes me feel better. I use Rose Geranium and Rose ( I buy a good quality blend of Rose, in Jojoba oil, as it's blistering expensive undiluted) a few drops of each in a carrier oil, or in the bath, for a few days before, and I also use Clary Sage when I'm actually on as well....I use Freshskin on Ebay, but have also used Tisserand, and various others. I also used lavender a lot, for burns and other nasties, as I'm allergic to penicillin.

I'm also aware that tiredness and other stresses make my PMT worse, so if I'm not sleeping I will take Kalms, or occasionally Sominex ( just a half!) to get a good night's sleep...