brightonbelle

Ivermectin

I have read that some people use this successfully on chickens as a pour/spot on treatment.

I have just taken in a guinea pig for my sister and she sent him with a pack of Anti Parasite Spot-on for rabbits/gps/ferrets and rats....

It shows as 150ug per pipette of Ivermectin. Does this sound as though it would be suitable to use on a Pekin and an Araucana bantam?

Thanks

I`ve just finished the first course of Ivermectin on the chooks, got it from the vets.

It wasn`t easy throwing away all of their eggs for a week though, got to repeat the dose next week

then another week of egg withdrawal. It seems to be working they dont bite themselves now.

Thanks for the advice....I have bought some and will treat them today. Should be an interesting experience. Luckily I wont waste any eggs as they have stopped laying for the winter.

Thanks again

I didnt find it too difficult to treat mine, it does take two of you though. The tame hens were quite

easy but not so some of the others. I didnt find it easy to find bare skin on the back of their necks

either.