jeshen

Pekins wanted.

Does anyone have any lemon cuckoo pekins for sale? I have 2 pekins at the moment (black and lavender) and would feel happier to have 4 altogether so that there's not the risk of one being left on its own. I live in N Shropshire but would be prepared to travel a bit.

I'd try Andy, ChickenStreet who's in Oswestry.

I hatched some of his Lemon Cuckoo pekins in the summer and they were really nice, he's a nice guy too! :D

Thanks! Have actually tried Andy but he's only got black ones at the moment. Quite fancy a lemon cuckoo if anyone has one going! Are there any other colours of pekins? (Have not been a chickeneer for long!)

Theres loads of colours of pekins :lol:

I've got Buff Columbian, Red, Red Pyle and Lavendar at the moment - had black and mottled before too! :D

Have a look if there are any *here*

Did you know The Federation show is in Stafford in a few weeks (17th + 18th Dec) and there is a sales pen there ... likely to be some pekins in there or be breeders you can talk to! :D

I love pekins too! I have a partridge which is beautiful, also a lavender, wheaten and mottled. I need a pair of millefleur next :lol:

There is a forum/website dedicated to pekins, there are loads of breeders listed there. Perfectpekins.co.uk

Many thanks - very helpful info! Hadn't realised that there were so many colours available. Federation Show sounds a good idea! Yes, Andy Cawthray is brilliant - he started me off with the 2 I've already got. Would certainly recommend him to anyone : www.chickenstreet.co.uk