Egluntyne

Snow 2011/2012 - post about it here :-)

Had a good pain free day today so..Went there & back to my sister's house in Cheshire today. All in 12 hours. To see my new little niece. Gorgeous little doll she is.

Coming back I was driving through quite thick falling snow between Other side of Newtown & Devils Bridge. The snow ploughs couldn't keep up with the rate it was falling at. A bit hard going on the hair pin bends with the snow coming towards you & my main beam was no good in the falling snow (played havoc on the eyes)- but got home safe.

Just sleet all day here at home. Although Our mountains around are white.

Emma.x

I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread :(

Sorry.....that did make me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How much snow do you get in Cornwall? 1963 and 2010?

We have snow on the tops now; will get a picture on tomorrow.

Sorry, I'm a little paranoid about the freezing stuff. I fell on the ice (2009) & managed to damage my back & neck (I've been told I'll just have to live with the pain). Going to work with concussion (I didn't know I had it) was mightily amusing, the whiplash the next day was not! :wink:

I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread :(

Sorry.....that did make me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How much snow do you get in Cornwall? 1963 and 2010?

We have snow on the tops now; will get a picture on tomorrow.

We've had heavy snow in North Cornwall for the past three winters and been snowed in each time. None that's settled so far this year- thank goodness! Driving home across the moor last night through a blizzard, it was was having a good go at settling but we've just got sleet this morning.

I've noticed that the local supermarket and DIY store has had a large stock of snow shovels and sledges for the past few months- think they must've been expecting more of the same.

Edited by Guest

No snow here, v.cold though. Daughter keeps praying for snow, has been revving up and greasing :lol: her sledge since November. Last year she had her 1st sledge age 13 and was so enthusiastic it only lasted an hr or so :( and the shops were sold out :cry: , out came the feed bags once more. This year she has been fully prepared with 2 ready to go and not a sniff :evil: .As for snow shovels, great for horse poop scooping and muck heap maintenance :lol: .