Alis girls

Bewildered chickens

Last night being new Yrs Eve decided to shut Go door to mute sound of fireworks. This morning before going to bed about 2.30am I nipped out and quietly opened it only for 2 slightly startled sleepy hens to stagger out. Their faces were a picture - bewilderment - why has she let us out in the dark. Only so I could have a lie in :shameonu:

:oops: I close my ladies in every night :oops: Just want to make sure their nice and warm :oops: Me thinks maybe I'm being over motherly :?

What would make you/at what point/when would you close the coop door?

I close mine every night too. But then I lost all my chooks last Spring to Mr Foxy Bingo, so I won't take any chances.

:oops: I close my ladies in every night :oops: Just want to make sure their nice and warm :oops: Me thinks maybe I'm being over motherly :?

What would make you/at what point/when would you close the coop door?

mine have always been lock up at night we have foxes cats and dogs in the area plus there are mink on the canal and river which are only a coup;e of minuites away

I almost never close the coop door, but it's in a secure WIR. I didn't close it when I had an Eglu/Cube and Omlet run either, though.

I think I closed it twice last year, when temperatures were forecast to be extremely low. This year my two newest pullets insist on roosting on top of the Eglu, so there's no point. :roll: