There was a report of an eglu cube (cube green) stolen locally in our paper today (Chronicle and Echo for anyone local who wants a look). It was taken last Thursday between 1:30am and 7:00am. Chickens were left behind but piles of feathers were found nearby so it looks like a fox must have found them. :(

I think I will definitely be upgrading security now, so I will be experimenting with chaining techniques as I'm more interested in preventing thefts rather than getting it back afterwards. I'll update with whatever solution I find :)

Found the article online if anyone's interested:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/callous_thieves_stole_1_000_designer_hen_coop_from_northampton_home_leaving_six_birds_for_dead_1_3548481

There was a report of an eglu cube (cube green) stolen locally in our paper today (Chronicle and Echo for anyone local who wants a look). It was taken last Thursday between 1:30am and 7:00am. Chickens were left behind but piles of feathers were found nearby so it looks like a fox must have found them. :(

I think I will definitely be upgrading security now, so I will be experimenting with chaining techniques as I'm more interested in preventing thefts rather than getting it back afterwards. I'll update with whatever solution I find :)

Found the article online if anyone's interested:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/callous_thieves_stole_1_000_designer_hen_coop_from_northampton_home_leaving_six_birds_for_dead_1_3548481

Thats terrible :( I saw 'Northampton Police' who I follow on facebook updated their status the other day about a £1000 coop being stolen and thought it may be a cube.

My Eglu can be seen from the road as our garden borders a field and our hedge has not grown very high yet. I have decided to but a cheap engraving tool that you can get for about £20. I am going to gently engrave my postcode on the edges on each of the parts of the eglu so it can't be seen when it is put back together. If I ever do sell it on (Hopefully I never need to!) then I can just let the new owner know how it is marked and they can either add their postcode or if it is stolen they will know what the marking on it is. If I do it on the edges that slot together and the metal legs it shouldn't be obvious to anyone and won't wash off. I think the plastic on the cube is certainly thick enough to have a mark gently scratched onto it. What has everyone else done?

(cube green)GNRGNR(Bluebelle)(white chicken)

My Eglu can be seen from the road as our garden borders a field and our hedge has not grown very high yet. I have decided to but a cheap engraving tool that you can get for about £20. I am going to gently engrave my postcode on the edges on each of the parts of the eglu so it can't be seen when it is put back together. If I ever do sell it on (Hopefully I never need to!) then I can just let the new owner know how it is marked and they can either add their postcode or if it is stolen they will know what the marking on it is. If I do it on the edges that slot together and the metal legs it shouldn't be obvious to anyone and won't wash off. I think the plastic on the cube is certainly thick enough to have a mark gently scratched onto it. What has everyone else done?

(cube green)GNRGNR(Bluebelle)(white chicken)

If you ever sell your (cube green) all you need to do is give the new buyer a letter of explanation. Our tractor mower has a post code on the bonnet and we were given a letter by the previous owner. We were also given all the relevent documents.

:lol: perhaps they'd like a mini version of those dog vests which say 'security' on the back.

I advised The Boy to watch his fingers with her when he was up at the weekend... he obviously didn't listen as he came back indoors nursing a sore finger :roll: I find that I have to catch her as she launches up to nip me and get my leg in the way sharpish.

I am thinking of taking a photo of Cyrus doing a crocodile smile (all teefs) and put it on the back gate with a notice saying 'go ahead punk, make my day'. Little do they know that he's as about aggressive as a butterfly :roll: