Jenny Smedley

Whitney Houston dead

It's terrible news, again so young. Drink and drugs have a lot to answer for. Such a waste of a talent.

I remember watching some clips of her recent concerts and to say they were shambolic would be an understatement. She had such a beautiful voice, I don't think anyone could match it. :(

The sad thing is that her 18 yr old daughter( Bobbi Kristina , known as Krissi) already has a cocaine & cannabis problem & has already been admitted to hospital twice since Whitney's death on Saturday with overdoses of sedatives & alcohol.

You would think she would see what has happened to her mother & steer clear. Also her cocaine use surfaced last year & Krissi said Whitney "Was cool about it" and that "I am my mother's daughter" !!!! :shock:

Looks like it won't be long at this rate before her daughter is dead - what a waste.

Such a waste of a life and a talent.

I loved her in The Bodyguard but she was a much troubled soul in the years that followed.

There is an element of nature in this in that there are addictive personalities. Some people can dabble in chemicals and remain unscathed, others go on to abuse themselves.

Again.....what a shame. I hope somebody can save her daughter.

I've just seen this, it is awful. All of the young lives that are lost through drugs, famous and not famous, really makes you wonder why people take drugs. :(

Often it can be because they follow a parents example :( Drugs have been reasonably prolific since the '60's.

In this particular case, both her parents were regular drug users. So tragic! What real chance did the child have with both parents as an "example" of addiction?

I am a retired police officer & spent 6 yrs on the drugs squad - I watched ordinary , intelligent, decent kids start to "dabble" in cannabis ( "Oh, it's OK it's a natural herb- safer than alcohol!") and within 2 yrs be skin & bone & hooked on hard stuff, doing things they wouldn't have dreamt of . The worst thing is , it's not just them that's destroyed but whole families. I've lost count of the number of times I've held crying mothers, asking "Why their kid?" and not having an answer. People think it's just lower income families that suffer with drug problems but it's not - I worked Stratford Upon Avon. I can't tell you how angry it makes me & how anti drugs I am. Richard Branson, whilst I admire his business acumen, makes me so angry about his recent drugs opinions. :twisted: