LolaLayla

Bad back - fed up!

I know I just cannot believe how stupid I was about it. I was carrying on as if I was super woman :roll: I suppose if OH had said he would put the logs away I would have given up but I was determined to put them under cover and he had said to leave it until another day. As I said he has been bothered with back pain before so it was possibly not a good idea for him to move them but I was a tad irritated :evil: However I now have more to be irritated about :evil:

Sorry didn't notice your post yesterday ANH. My back feels a bit better today but it seems to fluctuate as yesterday it was really bad in the morning. It doesn't seem to alter a huge amount by moving, it is just a pain all the time in varying degrees and I still have the strange numbness down the front of my thigh. Yesterday when I bent over in the rabbits WIR to clean up I felt as if cold water was running down the front of my leg :shock: When I stood up the odd feeling stopped so obviously something peculiar happened to the nerve when I flexed my leg. Still to get X-ray results. I miss my exercise classes and badminton :( Thanks for asking :) Not one of my beloveds has asked :evil: (Just wait until they need a lift somewhere, she mutters)

Stupid question but have you thought about trying http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionized_bracelet The jury is out on it's uses but being a back suffer following a bad motorbike accident I started to use one about 4 years ago. My pain subsided. I took the bracelet off 2 weeks ago and I've got niggling pain!!

Don't know, just a thought.

((hugs)) anyway for a speedy recovery.

Interestingly, I wear a Bioflow magnetic bracelet to help with arthritis in my hypermobile thumbs; I was initially sceptic until I borrowed one from a friend, when I wore it the joints were much less stiff and painful, when I took it off the stiffness returned. The same applies to back pain (I have a lumber disc which is unstable and tends to prolapse.

I now have my own bracelet and i reckon that it helps. Conductivity has very interesting results on the body in terms of suppleness and muscle/joint health; my osteopath is writing a paper on it and experiments all the time with good results.

I do sympathise, having had lower back problems for a number of years following a water ski-ing accident.

It hasn't stopped me attending the gym, riding horses or my motorbike. However, shifting log piles and dragging shopping up the steps to the cottage has been a complete no, no.

There's nothing worse than disturbed sleep due to spinal discomfort. Hope the x-ray reveals all and that you will soon be on the road to recovery :pray:

Big hugz, Pat

Thanks for kind wishes. I am sleeping ok now, it worse if I sit for a period of time. However the main feature is still the numbness which hasn't altered. There is a yoga group at the gym I go to. I haven't gone to it before as I had a shoulder problem....yes I am a real old crock...but the shoulder is nearly back to normal so may give it a go :)

On for another moan :( Off to the gp again. The nerve problem has got worse :( I have never felt such an intense burning pain that I get in my leg. Back on the painkillers. When I start walking it is so sore. Once I get going it improves but sometimes it is just agony. Must get some answers today :!: Bending up and down to the eglus is bad...you would think someone would offer to do it for me :roll: Anyway just feeling a little sorry for myself. I had booked up for pilates this week....that's a laugh :( Thinking I will need to suspend gym membership instead.

Sorry to hear you're still suffering :( I totally sympathise with you, hopefully your GP will be able to help. The xray may not have shown anything if it's a disc problem, you might need an MRI. In the mean time look after yourself and try not to do anything that makes the pain worse.

xx

Adelochick. Just wanted to give you a little reassurance. I had 2 detached retinas (both eyes together) and they can do amazing things. They were mended, ok so i am a little more short sighted than before and am light sensitive in the eyes, but i can see. Do what they tell you, and ask them as many questions as you want if you are not sure.

Initially when I put my food down to walk there is such a pain. I was thinking I should try not to weight bear in the house and remembered that YS has a crutch in his room.........I have to say he is a hoarder like me and that this was a friends who was about to throw it out as it was not needed anymore :shock: so he took it. I had been telling him we should take it to the clinic or somewhere similar but I may just hold onto it :? It is amazing what he has in his room. The same friend gave him a fridge :shock: He also is a good customer at the charity shop and we now have a huge selection of carved wooden cat ornaments, a huge wooden eagle and some greek urns. Life would be so dull without him :lol::lol::lol:

Lolalayla - Glad that you will probably have an MRI now as it will show up any problems much better than an x-ray, and that you've been referred on to orthopedics is good. Hope you haven't got to wait too long for your appointments, but as others have said do take the painkillers regularly as you will get better effect from them. Take things gently, be kind to yourself, Jx. :wink:

Welovemarmite - many thanks for your comments. I've been to the eye clinic today and had my eyes dilated again, but then had something they put on your eye to check the peripheries (retina for any signs of damage). It was quite uncomfortable so hope not to have that done again, anyway all is ok with my retina so I've just got to be careful and make sure I seek help if 'floaters' change or I see flashing lights/shadow area. :eh:

Welovemarmite - many thanks for your comments. I've been to the eye clinic today and had my eyes dilated again, but then had something they put on your eye to check the peripheries (retina for any signs of damage). It was quite uncomfortable so hope not to have that done again, anyway all is ok with my retina so I've just got to be careful and make sure I seek help if 'floaters' change or I see flashing lights/shadow area. :eh:

So pleased that things are ok with your retina. I think we just assume our bodies will work ok and get a bit of a shock when they start letting us down :?