Hi,

Recently we decieded to get chickens as pets, we looked at all kinds of coops. Eglus were the first but we were put of by price. We watched the videos on the website of cleaning the classic and were amazed. My mum said we are getting an Omlet coop. We are only getting 2 or 3 chickens so we won't need a cube but we don't know wether to get a classic or a go. Which do you think is better? Thanks. :)

Seth

Personally I prefer the Classic; it's better made and easier to clean.

Why not have a look at the 'Visit an eglu owner' section and see if you can see one near to you. I family once came to view mine and asked if they could clean it out to see how easy it is :D

I have a !goyellow! But think the classic is a better design. Would go for the classic (the vibe is even better tough :whistle: )

That should have said "Cube", must have been the autocorrect on my phone!!!!

Can't say anything about the !gogreen! but I have a (purple eglu) which I am currently keeping 2 warrens (Betzy & Ditzy) in, now they are large girls but I would very happily add 2 more warrens into the (purple eglu) itself. It's not so much the housing though, but more the run size? I currently have a 2m run on my (purple eglu) which is enough for Betz & Ditz but a 3rd hen would require it to be lengthened...

With regards to day to day living with the (purple eglu) it's brilliant compared to my wooden coops, far easier to clean out and maintain, but my biggest moan would be that as it's at ground level I have to bend further down to get into it? Might sound a trivial thing but following a nasty fall off my horse last summer my hip and lower back have been grumbling about this activity somewhat in the recent chilly weather :oops::lol: something to consider I feel when you are a "certain" age and starting to feel the ravages of time FWIW????

I would buy a classic, I think they are great, I also have a cube which is good as you can fit more in :D but I prefer the look and design of the classic.

I don't have a Go but I did look at one in the Omlet shop and I went away thinking I won't be adding one of those to my collection of (purple eglu)(purple eglu)(cube purple) .

If you are sure you only want a few chickens I would buy an eglu. They last well so have a look for a second hand one too, I bought one of mine second hand, you would not know :D My original is almost four years old and it is as good as when it was new, it had been used every day since I had it.

Chrissie

Always a classic for me! :D

The Go has the benefits of the eglu over wooden housing but I'd always get another classic, not a new Go though. It doesn't have an egg port and is more brittle compared to the other 2 eglus.

No experience of a Go (or a Cube) neither had been invented when I began the Omlet route. I have 4 classics at the moment and I adore them (dh bought a new power washer thingie and so now, he is ever so happy doing the 'Lu cleaning :lol: ). They are great if you have a broody and want to hatch eggs under her - I did that last Spring and with a few minor alterations was absolutely perfect for the l'il chicks :D

I have considered selling the 4 'Lu's to buy a Cube ... but I don't think that is going to happen.

I've seen the Go in a store, I wasn't over fond to be honest. Didn't quite like the shape (or the name :oops: )

I have a !goyellow! But think the classic is a better design. Would go for the classic (the vibe is even better tough :whistle: )

That should have said "Cube", must have been the autocorrect on my phone!!!!

:lol: Been on the sherry again? :wink::whistle:

... With regards to day to day living with the (purple eglu) it's brilliant compared to my wooden coops, far easier to clean out and maintain, but my biggest moan would be that as it's at ground level I have to bend further down to get into it?

That's what a dh is for :wink: their backs bend better :whistle: