Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I have urged ES to take this up with the teacher tomorrow. It turns out that she should have let him complete the paper or whatever it was and then consult the exam board for their ruling but she stopped him :evil: I want it documented so that if he is within a whisker of his required grade this can be taken into account. I need to stop thinking about it now as I am so cross. Not even an apology :twisted:

Thats ridiculous - not sure who you've spoken to but speak to head of department and the examinations officer. As you say, get it on paper should you need it.

Shame about their days yesterday too.

Had a really good night last night with my housemates and 2 new housemates who are moving in next year, they're my friends who are moving in but met the rest of the current house yesterday and all seems good! :D

That is shocking, CM, I'm not surprised you're furious :shock: . It seems like she behaved (and behaves) very unprofessionally. So unfair when your boy is at this important stage :evil: . I agree, you should record every step of this incident and make sure those in authority know about it.

At my boy's school, the Higher history prelim mistakenly included some NAB questions which some (not all) pupils had already answered. They all had to resit the exam :shock: .

That is awful ANH, what a shambles

ES met with the teacher yesterday (she is Head of Science :? ). He quietly made her appreciate that she had handled the situation badly, she implied she had panicked. She said that rules where rules and that it was like the rules regarding having a mobile go off. He quietly stated that a mobile going of was the student's fault whereas having a mark scheme printed in the back of your work book most certainly was someone else's fault :roll: He said that he was treated like a criminal and that he had not been offered anything in the way of an apology. She accepted all of this and apologised. He has asked her to look through his previous coursework in order to see whether she can 'find' the single mark that he needs and to copy across the email proof from the exam board that this was all out of his control. I hope that she manages to 'find' that mark. I personally believe it should officially be given to him given the circumstances. Very proud of the way the ES has handled things :D

Well done on letitng ES sort - I appreciate you wanted to shake her by the neck - but I think losing it makes things worse. He sounds a mature young man and I am sure you are proud of him. Last year OH sounded off at deputy head (you remember YS had a teacher who hated boys 9-10yr olds) and said the teacher had made our son feel like poo :silenced: (think the S word) . Now she doesnt speak to me if I go into school and the said teacher glares at me so I glare back. She now had another class of not so happy kids and parents - I know this as a friend has said her friend a mum of a child in her class is always in tears. Well done to your son

Just had the funniest out of office email....

As it's my wife's 60th birthday I am whisking her off to Andalucia for a walking holiday. So whilst you are working, I will be walking through the towns, villages and groves drinking Manzanilla sherry over ice and sampling the local tapas. I return to work on 15th May. Sonia will resolve all your issues.

That man has style!

Just watched ES play in the semi-final for the Scottish Independent Schools Football Association Cup - real heart-in-the-mouth stuff. Went to a penalty shootout which they won :dance: .

Fabulous end to his last day at school :P .

They're playing the final next Tuesday (the day of his Advanced Higher Geography :roll: ) at Tynecastle Stadium, home to Heart of Midlothian FC 8) .

Going to collect my boys from the train station late last night, a fox crossed the road in front of me with a white carrier bag in it's mouth. There was definitely something inside the bag. It was carrying it by the handles too! I had visions of the fox turning up at the local takeaway to pick up it's meal before heading home after an evening out! :lol:

Glad to hear it, Cinnamon.

I've just got back from a week in Devon. A friend who used to keep chickens offered to cover cat and chicken-care for the days my usual sitter couldn't do. The day I left, it had rained for 36 hours non-stop and the run was an inch deep in mud and looking absolutely awful, and I apologised for the abysmal state it was in.

While I was away he has dug out about 4" worth of mud/earth and aubiose which he's put in an empty raised bed, levelled the earth in the run and filled it with sawdust. I feel delighted but also slightly guilty! :lol: