pixiewish

Very excited!

I have just bought an Eglu Go !goyellow! today :D can't believe we are actually going to be getting chickens after thinking about it for over a month. Can't wait to pick it up and get it set up. Going to get myself on a chicken keeping course asap and then go chicken shopping :dance:

Excited for you...

I wen t on a course run by Cotswold Poulty near Oxford....fantastic to help me have the confidence to get started. I highly reccomend going on something similar.

Enjoy :)

I have just bought an Eglu Go !goyellow! today :D can't believe we are actually going to be getting chickens after thinking about it for over a month. Can't wait to pick it up and get it set up. Going to get myself on a chicken keeping course asap and then go chicken shopping :dance:

Picked it up today :dance: is 2nd hand so have dismantled it and given it a thorough going over with soapy water, although it was pretty clean anyway. Need to get a few extra clips for the run as some haven't gone back together too well and lost a screw so need to sort that out but otherwise all good.

Would anyone recommend spraying it with something like poultry shield or similar before we get the chickens just to be sure its clean or will the soapy water have done the trick?

Congratulation, my OH and I also did a chicken course and we learnt so much and got to handle plenty of chickens and learnt how to clip wings and give the chickens a good check over it was great and when we got home we went out to our girls which we had only had about a week at that point and practised everything we had learnt on them. It really gave us more confidence on handling the girls.

Look forward to hearing how you get on and seeing some pics of your new girls :D

Laura x