HarrisonFamily

Just watched DIY SOS - so sad but amazing

Not sure if it is my hormones but I have just watched DIY SOS and have been in floods of tears for an hour....

I don't normally watch much TV but it came on and I couldn't stop watching it....normally I think lets these people do there own homes up but this time I would have donated time and money to help the family....made all the hassle I have been through lately seem so pointless and restored my faith in the fact people can be nice...

I would love to know was it just me and my hormones and need for chocolate....

No not just you, hubby and I both found it emotional and makes you remember what you have. Always a need for chocolate though, cup of tea and crunchie for us. :D

Nope, wasn't just you. Actually made me sob. Makes you thankful for what you have and makes you realise that there is always someone, somehere worse off than you.

Ditto - we've got a lot of horrible stuff going on here but nothing like a lot of people have to face. Puts it all into perspective, as you say.

It is not something that I normally watch. I have only just stopped crying :( If you haven't seen it is it worth watching back. An amazing family and very uplifting to see how the community pulls together but also totally heartbreaking.

Incredibly moving. I get a bit annoyed at some of the makeovers they do - someone has messed up their DIY so the team come in to fix it. This was in a different league.

What they managed to achieve in such a small house was astonishing and the man they were doing it for was so very gracious and charming. A lovely family facing an agonising future but when they saw the house you could see them visibly relax. The time he has left can now be spent with his family without the added pressure of coping in an unsuitable house.

Makes you realise that time is so precioius

I too was blubbing :( I made the mistake of re-watching Restoration Man in the week with the couple renovating the windmill, and she died before seeing it finished :cry:

I was moved too.

I stopped watching this programme a long time ago as I was fed up with the 'vote for me' format, I'm really glad it's running in a different format and is helping people who need and deserve it. I'm always overwhelmed by how many people turn up to help out, it goes a long way to restoring my faith in human nature.

I don't usually watch telly, but happened to have it on. I barely stopped crying for the whole hour. Certainly makes you appreciate what you've got, just wanted to give all my kids & hubby a big hug. What they achieved in the house was amazing.

We stumbled accross this too, it was so moving, the family were so lovely, the looks of joy on their faces as they went around their new home were priceless :D

I too was blubbing :( I made the mistake of re-watching Restoration Man in the week with the couple renovating the windmill, and she died before seeing it finished :cry:

I watched that one with my DD - we were both in tears.

Right I'm off to watch DIY on iplayer. Tissues at the ready. :(

I watched the windmill one recently and yes it was so moving. I missed the DIY one last night only caught the end as I had a governors meeting. I will try to find it and watch the whole program.

Chrissie

Gosh what a wonderful family, they really deserved to have the house renovated. They're fantastic parents with beautiful, articulate daughters. I hope he gets his dream to stay alive longer.

My MIL's best friend's husband died of MND, such a terrible disease.

Another one here who had to resort to the tissues!...what a very lovely family, how very very sad their predicament, and yet they were gracious and loving, no wonder so many people in the local community wanted to help them. It really does just remind you how precious our time with our families is, and how quickly our lives can be turned topsy turvy.

I've just watched this on replay. I too was sobbing throughout - it was so moving and they were such a lovely family.

All those burly builders were moved to tears at the end too!

DH came into the room to me sobbing 'you know I'm normally a hardhearted cah, this DIYSOS is soooo sad, wahhh'