Janepie33

Blepharitis

Anyone had this? I have dry wrinkly itchy skin on the upper and lower eyelid of one eye and for the past couple of weeks have felt that there was dust or something in my eye.I went to the pharmacist yesterday and he suggested I put Vaseline on it.I did that overnight and now it is 100 times worse! :?

I was wondering if it might be Blepharitis (all the symptoms fit). Suppose I'll have to toddle off to the GP. :roll:

Mine was due to an allergy to mascara and cleared up by not using it and washing. I can't remember what I put on it. The GP may have given me some drops.

It can be dermatitis or the glands can be blocked. If you're getting crusting along eyelashes you can try a warm flannel over eyes for 5-10 mins or wipe them with dilute sodium bicarbonate. Pressing the eyelid onto the eye can help

I developed dermatitis on my eye lids after using an old eye shadow.

Never had any allergies until I was 39 now have loads, have been told i may grow out of it - hope so.

You won't know until you get it looked at, I like the cold flannel idea to sooth until you can get to the doctors

I've had this recently too, or at least something like it. I had very itchy, dry skin on my eyelids. It also felt a little swollen ( looked lovely!) and I think it might have been down to using an old eyeshadow.

I avoided wearing make up for a bit and put some sudocreme on it. I've no idea if this was wise, but it was all I had to hand! Seemed to help a bit and I haven't had it for a while now.

You need to wash your eyes in cooled boiled water from the kettle with a couple of drops of baby shampoo in the water using cotton wool balls and wash your eyes with it ...one ball = one wipe of the eye so as not to pass any infection.

I have done this morning and night for over a year . Plus a course of antibiotics for Blepheritis. my Eyes are much improved and my eyelashes have grown back.

You need to see the gp and ask to see an opthalmologist for diagnosis as i have terrible dry eyes and needed to have plugs put in the tear ducts to keep some moisture on the eye as well as eye drops.

Do you have guinea pigs? I got something similar and I found out I was allergic to their saliva as they kept licking my fingers and I inadvertently had rubbed my eyes and it caused a reaction. Try using Eyebright tinture. Just put a few drops in some boiled water and dip a cottonwool pad in it. It's great stuff I use it all the time and my son uses it for his itchy hayfever eyes. hope this helps.