The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

It's been raining heavily since about 3pm :roll: walked the dogs round the reservoir this evening - am now reduced to looking for flattish walks that aren't too wet/flooded - my hands were cold when we finished and my waterproof trousers have sprung a leak. :evil:

Cyrus is happy though; he had his first physio session as a case study this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think he especially liked the sound of the rain on their conservatory roof.

Ditto - my garden has gone MAD and there doesn't seem to have been any break in the rain so that I can get to grips with it! The lawns need cutting as well..my neighbours will be tutting and muttering (everyone but us has regulation half-inch-tall lawns which are cut every 4 or 5 days like clockwork :D ) behind their net curtains. We are the Lawn Rebels :D

It's absolutely pouring here - has been all morning :(

I'm off work at the moment recovering from an operation and had hoped some light gardening would cheer me up through my recuperation - there have been precisely two half days when it hasn't poured or at least drizzled heavily in the past fortnight

Strangely the hens don't seem to mind getting soaked - at least they don't seem to go and hide anywhere to avoid it

It's hideous here today - our back garden is just so waterlogged (clay :roll: ). It is going to take weeks to dry out enough to cut the grass - luckily the two bunnies are happy to brave torrential rain to trim the tops of the grass for us so its not too bad and they look all clean and fluffy afterwards too!

the weather forecast predicted a dry day with 'light rain' much later this evening

The day did indeed start dry - but now there is a veritable monsoon ; sheets of rain have been pouring for 30 minutes

Fed up with this - The whole garden is a swamp (and we don't have clay soil!)

Edited by Guest