Figgins

Silver Legbars?

I was recently wondering if silver legbars still exist. I looked them up on the Poultry Club of Great Britian website and found nothing. I know Gold Legbars are very rare and I am very lucky to have one. :D I couldn't find any breeders or anything, oh and by the way I'm not buying any more chickens :( just enquiring. :D

There are a few of the autosexing breeds you dont see many of or indeed any of nowadays sadly, I have never seen a silver legbar or indeed a Cambar or a Brussbar and would be amazed if they were still out there

I have one odd gold Legbar pullet which was mistakenly labelled as a Welsummer at an auction but I have managed to source a breeder that will take it as they are trying to get the numbers up of these lovely birds

On 6/2/2021 at 9:31 PM, Pat Golding said:

I have just hatched some blue eggs and 6 have hatched, 5 are a mix of pulleys and cocks in the colour I expected but one is a very light cream colour all over, can anyone explain what has happened 

Did you breed these eggs yourself or buy them? There could be many different reasons for a different colouration to occur.