Leanne

chickens on tv!

WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!!!!!!

OK, I have keys to the shop, 8) so, we have Green & Black's for Lesley, :) plenty of milk choc. Fair Trade Divine, :D 5 types from Oxfam range & some almond white. :D

Could someone bring Cadbury's milk choc, fruit/nut & whole nut just in case?

TV on...let the CHOC party begin :D:lol:

Oh I missed the choc party :!::evil::cry::evil:

I ate so much chocolate over last few days I couldn't get off the sofa, If I had of moved I think I would have been sick!! :shock:

Only joking I never feel sick after to much chocolate eatting. :wink:

Okay I don't think I should eat anymore chocolate, you know that big 400g bar I mentioned (the one for only 99p when I bought the second "bridget Jones" film, well I have just popped the last piece in my mouth :roll: started it saturday night?!? :shock:

And just to stay on topic, I really enjoyed the programme last night and I don't mind telling you all because I'm amoung friends I cried at the last story, when she saved her chicks and she was okay to :cry: I put it down to hubby being away and I'm abit emotional!!!

Sammi

-x- :?

Re lethal dose of dark chocolate for dogs (assume same for cats)

Bartok managed to get hold of a 100g bar of 70% cocoa solids dark chololate. He managed to wolf the lot down in seconds. We did an internet search and phoned the vet because we had heard somewhere that it it poisonous for dogs. We discovered that the 100g was just over the limit for an 11kg dog so it was off to the vets for an injection to make him throw up. Apparently this is only worth doing if you get dog to vet within 1 hr of eating choc.

Anyway he threw up vast quantities of extremely chocolately smelling stuff - don't know where it all came from. Fortunately I'd taken a bag of newspapers to the vets and we just kept putting more layers down in the waiting room as he threw up. I think that bar of chocolate cost us about £38!

For those of you who have read me talking about Bartok on this forum and the citychicken website, there is some sad news about him on the latest citychicken diary page. Basically he developed a rare neurological condition with similar effects to human motor neurone disease. We managed to alter the kitchen so that he was very happy for a number of weeks and then he suddenly got his breathing muscles involved, became distressed for the first time, and it was obviously the right time for him to go. We have a lovely vet who got up and gave him the injection that night so he didn't have to suffer at all. The house is very quiet without him. Still can't get used to being able to leave food lying around anywhere.

Oh Jane how sad I'm sorry to hear that. Poor you and of course poor Bartok. :cry:

Trish wrote:- On a slightly serious note please don't feed it to the kittens, I doubt they'd eat it but I read some where that it can be poisonous to cats.

Like humans and dogs if they have a dangerest amount then it can be harmful to cats too, Don't know what the the amount is. But I'm talking about my kitten having a lick of my finger that has a crumb on it. Could pick up more off the floor outside (if she was going out yet that is)

You didn't think I would give to much of my chocolate away did you???? :wink:

Take it easy

Sammi

-x-

:cry: Jane .. so sorry re.Bartok. We lost our dog last May, she was only 9yrs old, and was chasing squirells in the day, and passed away in her sleep that night. Its horrible to lose a pet ... whether sudden or having to make the decision, so my thoughts are with you.

Sarah

Thank you everyone.

It helps that Bartok was elderly when he got ill and we have lovely memories of nearly 11 years of fun with him. He was an amazing dog with children - he used to get invited to a local toddler group because he seemed to like being prodded and poked by them all and never snapped or even growled. I think it is harder for my nearly grown up kids because he was part of the family for most of their lives. But then lots of you will have had the trauma of hamsters and goldfish dying and children having to realise that some things don't last for ever. However life does go on and it is lovely to take wonderful memories on with us :)