After mentioning this the other day I thought I would create something and being an IT geek it sort of snowballed from just a simple thing to something more complex :lol::oops: And I thought I should learn the new version of excel......

Well anyway I thought I should share it as someone else maybe interested in using it....Although I have only created it for upto 5 hens.........If anyone does want it with more, I will see what I can do......

http://www.2-source.com/chickens/eggtally.xls

If there are any mistakes, errors or whatever please let me know and I will change it.......

I know im sad, but I just couldnt help myself :lol:

Ahhh, I should have said that it was created for Excel 97 > (which I think appleworks only opens Excel 2001 files)

It may well work fine on appleworks, give it ago.......If it doesnt I will see if I can save it in an older format that appleworks can use, unless you have Office for mac, in that case open it up in Excel and it should be fine.....

Sorry Jules im not reading what i'm typing lol

It will work fine in Appleworks (I cant work out the date) :lol::lol:

It looks much more complex than it is.....

Basically all you need to do is type the weight of the egg on each day of the week and it will automatically update the graph, lagest egg size and avg egg size, you can also change where it says "hen 1" etc to your own names........

If you think it could be useful and want anymore help just pm me and I will talk to you through it.........

Thanks,

I wasnt too sure what anyone else was doing so I thought about what I would like and then had a brain wave that others might want something like it too.......

Anyway, enjoy....Any suggestions let me know, I will be adding a credits page in the next revision (for you Rob) :lol: so anything else anyone wants feel free to ask........

Hi Kev,

I have re-done it to include another hen, plus I have also moved the graph onto a seperate sheet, so it gives more room, where you type (not that I have done anything with it yet) but in case I do.......Also created a credits page :):lol:

Also if it does start to get more complicated and major changes happen in it I will create a macro that will copy all the data from the old version to the new one.......for now it will be just as easy to copy and paste from one to the other........

If anyone else has anything they would like adding then put it on here and when I have a few I will do them all in one go, this will save people having to copy and paste info every 2 mins.........

The new file is at http://www.2-source.com/chickens/eggtallyv1.xls