Hi Sarah, I have pm'd you........Wth a link to open office, this should at least give you some kind of excel equivilent......

Great idea Karl!

Rosie has something similar, which I devised for her to keep a tally of our chooks eggs - before she was just recording them on the calendar. Ours is nowhere near as impressive as yours though.

Hello Karl and Andy,

I tried to open it but it says it's password protected. Which it can't be, as everyone else seems to be able to use it....

We don't have excel, does that make a difference?

And we got out first egg today :!::!: so I want to record it.

Karl,

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't ignoring you but we had thunder and lightning and I lost the connection.

I'm using firefox and it offers the option of opening or saving to disc. When I save to disc (open doesn't seem to work) it opens up and asks you to select a month. When I do that it says it's password protected and to open it and remove the password. But that's not possible.

If I disappear again, it will be because of the weather!

Milly

I think it's great. Particularly now I have 2 hens laying and the chart is filling up a bit.

Once (if ever!) the other two start I will have to get them into competition with each other..... Gold star at the end of the month? Personal bag of raisins?

Thanks Karl.

Milly

You are not the only IT geek with chooks - I went and wrote a whole program that not only records everything, but also lets me enter everyday comments and even pics from my camera. Its here:

http://www.poultrykeepersalmanac.com

My next project is writing a wild flower/fungus organiser........

Hi,

I have just found this spreadsheet, thanks.

One of mine laid her first and only egg last Tues, and another started laying yesterday and we had one today as well! Great idea.

Thanks,

Sue

Just a suggestion for an improvement for next years tally.

Could you do a no. of eggs laid?

And then have it run throughout the year?

Thanks once again for the ssheet,

Sue

I have 7 hens 'though 1 isn't laying at present. I would like it for 7 if possible. I can open it up fine but don't want to attempt to muck about with it in case I lose the lot. :oops: Not a technophobe (and like gadget etc)but need to playaround with things to find out how they work :lol:

Also please how do I get January to June to come up?

AND how do I save it so that I can keep it on my computer please?

Thanks Maggie