Yes you read subject line right :shock:

The following article was in my local newspaper this week http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/City-banker-build-150K-chicken-coop-Forest-Dean/story-16989430-detail/story.html

I'm not going to line the poop trays with this newspaper. Just in case the girls catch a glimpse of the headlines and start demanding a more palatial home to keep up with the neighbours. :roll:

Think how many cubes and chickens you could buy with that.

They showed it in todays Daily Mail.

What a waste if like my girls they have two coups and two nesting boxes and all squash up huddled in one :lol:

I think the article I read said they had a room per chicken..poor , lonely chickens. :(

Probably have live in staff. :lol:

Surely they'd be happier in a field, is he going to let them out?

I was wondering the same thing :think: That thing is going to be hard to clean!

I was wondering the same thing :think: That thing is going to be hard to clean!

but he won't have to do it so he won't have thought of that - am I being too judgemental, maybe he's a mad chicken enthusiast who will be doing it all himself... :think:

I've had a look at the original planning application for the house. It was for 20 birds to provide meat and produce for Eastbach Court a listed building. The land on which the coop is to be sited was purchased about the time of the planning application. Its possible that some of the £150k quoted by the newspapers is for building costs and land purchase.