Angie

can't stop his snoring so .....

I love the Old man , even if i feel deserted when he goes away and i so look forward to him coming home on leave.But his snoring leaves me sleep deprived. :evil:

I usually desert MY bed and go try and sleep on the small sofa, or get into the grandchildrens shorty bunkbed in the spare room. :twisted: Very very uncomfortable for an adult i might add.

But i have bought myself a new queen size antique brass bed . :!::!: It will be here on friday. :D So i have found a good home for the bunkbeds and started having a good clear out, ashamed to say rather more junk than i thought.

OH is a bit bemused and hurt that i deem his snoring a hazzard to my health, even more so when i crawl into bed around 5 am as It has stopped and gone quiet only for him to be up at 6 expecting me to be bright and breezy too on next to no sleep :!:

Yes i have resolved to give up my lovely bed for the other room when he is home, it is the only way for me to get any sleep, but i will make the other room rather girlie as he refuses to sleep under florals or pinks etc.....the new bed will be mine....and the grandchildrens ofcourse when they want to stay.

When he comes home for good he is off to have some sleep studies and get some help as i can't do with it any longer......how long ???almost 30 yrs.

You have my sympathies, my OH makes a terrible noise and blows cold air all over me too, he is as I type in the spare room. I insist on him leaving our bed as it is him causing the disturbance, not me and he can genuinely sleep anywhere any time, I cannot. I can still hear him 'honking' away even at the other end of the house! When he is resistant to moving I can only endure so much before I have to jolt him, hold his nostrils or prod him - it is torturous to try and sleep next to! So as I say I know your pain and fequently feel the after effects of a snoring partner.

Sounds like a plan Angie! Thankfully OH doesn't snore often but when he has a cold he does and it keeps me awake. I'm all for taking action to get sleep, having been sleep deprived over the last few years thanks to young children and a period of insomnia/poor sleep due to stress I realise just how vital it is to wellbeing! Enjoy getting your room sorted :D

OH and I have always slept in different beds in different rooms.... But sadly I am the horrendous snorer :oops: I am also a very fidgety sleeper too, so my poor hubby stood no chance :lol:

When we go away, we get twin beds and he has heavy duty earplugs :anxious::lol:

Sleep is so important, so it's not a reflection on your marriage at all :D it's just being sensible :P

Aarghh the snoring and cold air being blown over you.

What worked for us was OH lost weight and we got a bigger bed. Trouble is he complains I snore!! I sympathise with you SC I get really fidgety at times. One leg and arm has a life of it's own at times and unfortunately they are mine.

Just back from a second trip to the recycle yards with a trailer full of junk, good stuff has gone to the church xmas fair collection :wink: took some garden rubbish too.....

My OH has always snored and it has a volume close to a fog horn.I have used ear plugs but it permeates into the depths of your brain and causes a desire to smother him as he sleeps .I may be a bit soft and quit my bed but because of his army travels i think he feels rested in our bed.....even if i am not.

The bed comes tomorrow and i am all excited. I have a nice new quilt and covers all waiting...a twiggy design i might add . I think a couple of my patchwork quilts will go very well on it too.......got to find new curtains ....just got to !

I'm not deserting my marraige just preserving it :lol:

Oh cheeky chucky lol , i have done that and he denies emphatically that it is him, refuses to believe he is anywhere near so bad , despite the girls telling him how bad he is he just won't admit it......he takes the hump too when i do wake him up to make him stop, then he sulks all day, i just can't win. :?

But the bed is here all put together, OH actually likes it and says he may have to be the one to sleep in it first. I told him if he gets in it then he can't swap and change on a whim.....one of the rooms will be mine and decorated accordingly rather than neutral colours . I need some bright things and pretty things in my room now i have turned the spare room into a grown up room and not the small grandchildrens room .( they are growing up too and out grew the bunkbeds i had for them, they can still come and stay but i'll have a masculine room and a ladies room .)

Looking forward to going to bed for once.....may even have an early night . :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH and I have nights together and night's in the spare room. He's a shift worker and I'm an 8.30-5pm worker. It's the only way to ensure sleep!

I love the idea of you planning your own room. Best for both of you. We sometimes start the night together then decamp to separate rooms. The quality of sleep is so underrated!