Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

Thanks - it was awful. He felt nothing when it happened but was in intense pain the next day. I took him to A & E and he collapsed. I thought he'd got a brain haemorrhage, I thought he was going to die as did he. Sounds over the top now but it was so scary! He keeps saying he can't believe he's in so much pain over something so silly.

Anyway enough about that. I'm going to restart the diet on Monday. I've been snacking on fruit instead of cheeses d crisps. I'm also trying not to drink wine during the week. I have a goal to lose a few pounds by. I've just got to stick to it now.

Well having seen Chickvic's success and my weight that I had lost was within half a stone of the maximum horrible weight that I used to be - thought no way am I getting that heavy again. So thanks to Chickyvicky I lost a stone in one month. Now a little under that - blooming hormones are messing up the results these last couple of weeks though. I did want to up my fluid intake as I knew I didn't really drink enough. So I have fizzy water as a treat once in the day - refill the bottle to keep check on how much I have and coffee is a bonus!

I did get the new 2 day diet book which confused me as now they say 1000 calories and you can eat during the day as long as it doesn't contain carbs. But am sticking to the 500. I find a nice mushroom omlette with some tomatoes is more than enough. I'm also finding I don't eat as much and feel full which is weird because I could eat for England and still have room for Scotland, Ireland and Wales! The water definitely has helped loads with that.

A tuna steak or salmon steak and salad is another one I like. There are times when I have felt a little light headed so I will have a dried apricot - helps with my blood pressure and the sugar requirement so that I'm fine for the rest of the day until dinner time.

Vicki has been such a good help and lots of support and encouragement from her too. Mwah xx

Regular Speedy Gonzales she is! And Chickric doing the same. Well back to normal day for me, so it's multigrain cereal and I'm sticking to the ounce measurement (got that sussed now so I don't weigh), I think it's no fat yog - least it's low - and a banana for the BP. I need to get out and get exercise, but I bought myself a skipping rope - forgot how to skip! Did better yesterday - and I can use it indoors - carpet is going to be changed soon and the rope doesn't reach the ceiling!

And thankies xx

I've been lurking on this thread for a while - and just wanted to say 'thank you' to all - it inspired me to have a look at the 5:2 option as a way to control the gradual but consistent creeping weight gain I've experienced since having my thyroid removed nearly 3 years ago. I've now switched to fasting once a week because I'm back to the weight I was in my 30s (I'm now early 50s) and have managed to maintain it like this for the last 3 months or so. So - many thanks to you all :D

Great work girls :D I have got back into the swing of things :dance: I decided this time not to weigh myself. Mainly because I knew the reading would probably have had me rushing to the cake tin :lol: I have been fasting 2 days over the past few weeks now and I can see a reduction in the fat round my middle. I do know this works as last year I lost a lot on it. My mistake then was not to do a maintainance regime of one fast day a week.

Onward 5:2ers :dance:

Been doing more activities and walking during the week and not just at the weekend. Lots of gardening too.

Weight has stayed the same so I haven't been doing it right - or my day off portions are too much. February was a bit of a long celebration of dinners out so I gained about 5lb, but managed to lose that hiccup. Said to OH this weekend I must eat less otherwise it is not going to shift as fast as I would like! Then again if it goes too fast it's quick to go back on, so perhaps a bit of stability now and again isn't too bad.

Have been doing sit ups and stomach exercises. I was trying the 30 day shred but had to stop because I jarred my back. So just do parts of it instead. It does seem to be toning up the tummy as I didn't have the attractive overhang (not) when I looked in the mirror this morning, so it is beginning to work. Will get there eventually.

You've done really well just 4 to go! Congratulations. :clap:

:lol: If it was only just my tummy that was wobbly I would be happy! Having a fast day today...think I need another coffee to keep me going. I will have some fruit for lunch and then am planning to have a small portion of a very low fat homemade chicken curry with cauliflower rice tonight.

ANH!!!! Noooooo tummy tuck piccie threads either! :shameonu::lol: OH's cousin had a tummy tuck after her second baby as she didn't like it. Well she has since fluctuated with weight and you would never know she had a tummy tuck - the chubbiness has stretched it again and she has a similar shelf just like me!

But did a fairly long walk. Jogged a bit downhill - only because I thought oh well only to that lamp post - and hope I don't trip up! Luckily didn't jar back with the bouncing. 5.22 miles and an average speed of 3.1mph. Rather happy with that because it was the fastest average I'd ever done. Also burnt off 1050 calories - so I felt I could eat my omlette last night! And today I was down 2lb! :dance: I've reduced the amount of carbs today (which isn't a fast day) and made a smaller portion on a smaller plate for my dinner. I think that seemed to be a good idea. But drinking a lot certainly seems to get it going faster - if I don't have enough fluids then it seems to just stay the same weight. I think I like the sound of flushing the fat away!!! :lol: Er I didn't mean poop! :oops:

Am interested in this diet. OH and I are still WW - I'm 11st2 (from 12 st5) and hes 13stone 6( from 15st). He has a hiatus hernia so fasting isnt an option and I would bloat without food :shock: We eat a lot more fruit and I spend more time in loo :whistle: and if we eat out I cannot finish my food my tummies shrunk. :lol: My casarian tum has shrunk but will never be toned even with exercise.

The thing I notice as a nurse is that some people cant be bothered to diet they want gastric bands etc. It isnt the answer for everyone as it can go wrong and you have all that skin to lose too. I had one woman who lost 4stone with WW or SW and put it on and now wants the op. We are getting lazy as a nation. Its not easy being 50+ and a tub but the rule is eat less and move more. OH said he is mortified as he took his smaller trousers to the charity shop as he thought he;d never fit in them and now he could. The other thing he doesnt sweat when gardening and I dont snore apparently. Anyone else noticed anything new with their wt loss? ( and I can see my feet) :lol:

Me too :oops:

I have been determined to get back into it, but been hampered by this horrid thick, chesty cold which is hanging around. I am never normally prone to colds, but this one has been going on for weeks, so I am going to book to see the doc this week, and get back to the 5:2 as soon as I feel better.

Still sticking with it and now down to 16st 10. I was 16st 9 last week but put a pound back on, but that I can live with. Smaller portions and I'm much more active in the garden too.

When I walk I do breathe through my mouth so when I'm doing my normal pace I tend to sound like I'm puffing really badly - but I'm not really gasping.

5.7 odd miles on Saturday and burnt off 1200+ calories.

When I dropped down to 15 stone a couple of years ago I felt so fit and full of energy. When I'm chubby I tend to get lethargic. I still feel the biggest change is due to drinking more - it's washing the fat away. :lol:

So the changes I've noticed when I lose it or put it back on is that I tend to cough at night - and just when I am dropping off I get a really bad spluttering session. When the weight goes I don't cough. I think the chubbiness either means more fat around my neck and therefore squashes the windpipe or produces more mucus (sorry :vom: ) or a combination of both! I certainly sleep better because of it.

I also get the salads that I like to eat - like watercress and spinach and now they do a leafy one with pea shoots which is nice. Add a few mixed seeds and balsamic and yum!

Some things also see me marching off to the loo - like when I have ice cream or overly fatty food (you didn't see me say that) - like cheese sauce or oily pasta things or curries. I think my bod is rebelling against the things I fancy - but then I always fancy the wrong things anyway. Then I will have them now and again which makes them a special treat rather than a daily thing.