Chicken deficient

Calling all Pekin fans

Pekins are my total favourite! I've got 12 girls - 2 gold partridge, 3 mottled, 1 silver partridge, 2 red, 1 black, 1 frizzle blue, 1 lemon cuckoo and 1 columbian. I've also got 2 cockerels, 1 silver partridge and 1 white frizzle. Oh... and I've also got broodys sitting on 16 eggs... and another girl waiting for me to pick up another 8 eggs. Oops!

All of our Pekins are gold partridge pekins. At the moment we have three girls and two boys (father and son, which amazingly don't fight at all).

No one has posted any pictures in this thread yet, so here are the four boys we originally hatched in 2009 (Licquorish is the frizzle father who we kept to breed, the others went to new homes).

IMG_2481a.jpg

and here are some of the others we hatched that year.

IMG_2423a.jpg

IMG_2533a.jpg

Andrew

Hi,

I have 5 pekins 4 hens and a roster ... These are my first ever chickens and are now 10 weeks old.... I have 2 lavenders ( Lavender and Violet) but do not know what the colour names for the overs are :? so any help would be great :D

Enjoying the sun!!

20130427_181332_zps7b350e56.jpg

Donald... Not sure on colour name...

IMG_20130424_201148_zpsa1b6ba4e.jpg

Hunny at the front and Goldie at the back ... Not sure colour name...

20130427_181349_zps1b1bbdeb.jpg

Oh how strange it worked but not completely half the photo is missing.

Sorry about all this. Just trying to get it to work properly. :oops:

The picture is a little big for the forum, so it got chopped off. In photobucket, find the picture thumbnail, click on it to select the picture. Find the "Edit" button just above the picture, press it. Look for the "resize" button above the picture, press it. Set the width as 480, the height will change automatically. Save the change by pressing the "Apply" button. Replace the original if prompted. That should do it.

My first pekins were Mimi - lavender, Ping - mille fleur and Lulu - mottled. Sadly we lost Mimi and Ping, but Lulu was given eggs to sit on so now we have Lulu the mottled, Mo the lemon cuckoo and Jess the buff. They are lovely little characters!