Chicken deficient

Calling all Pekin fans

This is my lavender frizzle pekin Bramble. At the time of taking the photo, Mildred the Wyandotte made an attempt to photobomb :lol:

3eef35d3-322f-4e46-bca4-a0d1fe59ef14.jpg

I'd like to know how everyone else seems to keep their pekins' feathery feet so lovely, Bramble has dirty feet all the time as she spends more time digging then any of the others.

This is Liquorish, our frizzle pekin.

IMG_2658a.jpg

and this is his brother, who was magnificent to look at, but who would fight with Liquorish for the position of 'top cock' and so had to be found a new home.

IMG_2662a.jpg

Andrew

I have Annie and Clarabel

Annie is White with a blacktail I have been told what she is but it has slipped my mind and Clarabel who is needing some cuddle training (naughty girl) is a Gold Partridge I will add some pics in a bit :-)

But I feel this post needs a warning because I am now twitching ..................... yep I think I have 'Morehens' creeping up on me again !!!

But I feel this post needs a warning because I am now twitching ..................... yep I think I have 'Morehens' creeping up on me again !!!

Quite!.... :shameonu: ....... I am suffering from a particularly virulent strain of the disease, and this post is bordering on merciless!! :lol: ....... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

These are my original sibling chickens - a cuckoo hen and cockerel and two black hens, but they were very young in this photo:

8718569842_eff2642750.jpg

Here are two of them as adults:

8718576836_10cc2930b9.jpg

And Rocket on his own, as he rather fancies himself:

8718582328_440ac0b001.jpg

I later got two rescue gold partridge hens, who are now about 10 years old! Here is one of them, hiding behind Rocket:

8717464035_def792a2a3.jpg

I wasn't sure about frizzled pekins before, but they really look great. I am hugely tempted... :D

Licquorish is currently very active with his girls :wink:, who are laying at the moment. PM me if interested.

I just lurve Liquorish. Didn't you have the famous Hob"Ooops, word censored!" too, Andrew?

No, he wasn't mine. My current boys are Licquorish and Bertie (as in Bertie Bassets all sorts, the sweets). The other boys (non frizzle) who we found new homes for were Twix, Snickers and KitKat.

This is Liquorish, our frizzle pekin.

IMG_2658a.jpg

I remember being one of the original Liquorish Fan Club when you first hatched him Andrew :lol: ...he's still utterly gorgeous! And part of the reason I fell so hard for Pekins...I have 3 little balls of fluff under my silver pencilled 'dotte at the moment...2 MF & one lavender....having had 4/5 boys in the CLB batch, could I please have some girls this time? :pray: ...Holly is deeply broody, so I am tempted to PM you A! X

Licquorish is currently very active with his girls :wink:, who are laying at the moment. PM me if interested.

Thank you very much for your kind offer! I already have two gold partridge Pekins - Cinnamon and Nutmeg, so I'm planning on a different colour for the new lot. I did for a while contemplate aiming towards all one colour, but I'd never know who I was talking to! (I thought about coloured leg rings, but decided that wouldn't be much help since you can't even see their legs! :lol: )

I did for a while contemplate aiming towards all one colour, but I'd never know who I was talking to!

I know what you mean, I can't tell my Biscuit and Caramel apart by sight :think:.

thought about coloured leg rings, but decided that wouldn't be much help since you can't even see their legs! :lol:

Also true! We did put rings on Biscuit (blue) and Caramel (yellow), but you couldn't see them unless you picked them up and searched hard! Biscuit hated hers so much she would always manage to peck it off :shameonu:. Caramel still has hers, so we do have a way to tell them apart.

Andrew