mostin

I'm moving South!!!

Thought I'd break the news on here that hubby and I are leaving good old Yorkshire as soon as our house is sold.

In typical style, we haven't got a home to go to yet, will just rent something, but a corner of a field for the

Chooks is already sorted :D

Looking near the Hampshire/Surrey border, Alton/Odiham/Fleet area.

I wondered if any omleteers were around that area at all?

How exciting :D

My Mum is about 10 miles from Alton and has been for the past 40 something years :roll: I was born in Surrey and brought up in North Hampshire - parts of it are truly beautiful and reasonably unspoilt, and parts are very busy as you'd expect being so close to the M3/London. I still wouldn't rule out returning to my home patch, I absolutely love the landscape, although I might have to look at my finances carefully :lol:

Yes, financially it's definitely harder to go south than come north, but taking into account all the travel costs and hours that hubby spends driving at the moment, we figured that it must be worth the risk.

Priorities are right!!! Got to get the chooks sorted 1st :lol: We dropped the huge WIR last weekend with the very kind help of Laurmurf and all her clan. The girls are all in the smaller breeding pens now, so that we can transport the big run and some of the housing down to the field. Why didn't I just stop at 3 chickens? :roll::lol: :lol:

All the best people live down south :wink: Only joking, all the best people live all over, but welcome to my neck of the woods. I am in Wiltshire, so not too far away and I know Milo the Wonder Dog and his owner lives close to you :wink: Hope the house sale, move and eventual house buying go really smoothly for you :D

No all the best people come from down south! :lol: I grew up in Surrey though my sons are Yorkshiremen so I feel both are home.

You'll need to learn a few local terms Mostin no one will understand ginnels or snickets, cobs and the phrase ' I'm starving' doesn't mean cold :lol: You'll survive but may get locked up if you start chatting to people in queues.

Hope it goes smoothly xx

Hi Mostin

We've been in Alton for 2 years now and we love it - lovely market town. I even talk to people in queues! :wink:

We're fairly new to life with chickens, but we love our 5 girls (and their cube).

Good luck with the move!

Looking forward to it! And Jlo is just up the road too. :dance::dance::dance:

Just a warning - there are some really s"Ooops, word censored!"by people in the estate agents in Odiham. When we came here a very snooty lady said "well you won't find anything this side of the motorway with that price". So we thought hhhm what a nice lady thinking of our savings. Although she's probably long gone now and hopefully nicer people in there! So we went the other side of the motorway, found a nice house with a big garden and we added chickens and now it looks like we will be moving up north! Nothing personal Mozzie - we'll be here a bit longer (make sure you settle in nicely obviously).

Mozzie's coming heeeeerrrre!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thanks for all the good luck guys. So nice to know that there are chicken people everywhere :D

Just taking a break from more packing, sorting and boxing :roll:

So much bric-a-brac and books, a charity lady is coming to our house this pm to pick it all up. And we've only done 2 1/2 rooms so far!! How do we collect this stuff!!

Chooks are all settled in to their temp smaller pens, but they are giving me evil eyes as they are not allowed on the lawn again until we have a firm offer. I can't believe how fast the grass grows with no chickens on it! :lol:

Hello luvachicken - amazing how close many of us are but never met up!

OH reckons we should dwindle the chooks so that the garden will be all nice. I like Mozzie's idea of shutting them in - they'll hate it but tarting everything up temporarily . . . but that's in the future yet - cross that bridge. Dwindle the girls more, hush your mouth OH! :shock:

Yes fleet is on the list!! Loads of Chicken people nearby :D

I really hate to admit it, but having the girls under house arrest for just 3 weeks has completely transformed the garden. Oooops :lol: OH is really enjoying the I told you so dance grrrr

Oh we'll, fingers crossed it sells quickly and they can have their freedom again :wink: