Egluntyne

Strictly 2013

Ashley stole the show this evening. :D

Sophie's dance was awkward and wooden, OH loved it but Sophie can do no wrong in his eyes :roll: To give. Brendan his due, he is loyal and supportive of his partners, and true to himself, but the dance just didn't work for me.

I think next to go will be Mark followed by Ben, then I think Sophie, the winner will be either Ashley or Natalie, maybe a little side bet to be had on Susanna.

I too thought the dances a little lack-lustre tonight...

Thought Craig's comments about Natalie's dance were accurate, but then he gave her a nine, which I really don't understand..

They marked Ben rather harshly I thought considering Mark's marks.....

Sophie's dance was rather beautiful I thought, and I'm not a fan...

not sure if I care enough about any of them to watch to the end of this series....I think it's been difficult to see much improvement in many of the dancers except Ben and Susannah, they started off quite well and are still doing....quite well.... yawn!

I liked Sophie's dance. Beautifully understated. Sometimes less is definitely more. I can understand Brendan's frustration.

Out of all the dances tonight Sophie's was my favourite but OH didn't like it at all. I thought Brendan was going to have a melt down.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that we also felt that the music tonight just didn't suit a lot of the dances - I'm thinking particularly of Natalie and Abbey. I think the music didn't go with the dance and just didn't feel as if it connected with the dance at all. :(

I hope next week is better, I think this has been the worst week for me. Normally we rewind and watch a couple of the dances again but this week's offering got deleted straight away. :(

I'm not a lover of the Rhumba anyway - too much slithering and swaying and not enough whirling and kicking for my liking :lol: Having said that, I did think Sophie did it very well. Since the Blackpool one she really has tried to up her game and inject a bit more emotion. She is a lovely dancer but always seems to hold back a bit so it was nice to see what she could really do.

I felt sorry for Ben, I loved his dance - for a big bloke, he moved very quickly and precisely. I do think they have to make allowances sometimes for their stature - it would take years and a complete remold for him to be as bendy as Aljaz!

I think that Ben made so many mistakes in the dance off that they had little choice. It looked to me like he has had enough and wanted to leave.

I am however far from convinced that Darcey didn't make a mistake and the wrong names slipped out, something happened, she grimaced when she said them and looked unhappy at the end too. :?

It doesn't make a lot of difference because Mark will probably be the next to leave, both him and Ben were a level below the rest.

It's got to the hard bit now as (apart from Mark) the remaining celebs are all great dancers and it will be a shame to lose any of them (although I would be happy to see Abby go early :twisted: )

Agreed, it's hard to enjoy it at this stage; they do their best, but inevitably one has to go each week. Ditto re Duck Face.... the pout and immobile face is getting on my nerves too.

It's got to the hard bit now as (apart from Mark) the remaining celebs are all great dancers and it will be a shame to lose any of them (although I would be happy to see Abby go early :twisted: )

Agreed, it's hard to enjoy it at this stage; they do their best, but inevitably one has to go each week. Ditto re Duck Face.... the pout and immobile face is getting on my nerves too.

Glad it's not just me! Can't put my finger on why I'm not keen, but now you say it, duck face does suit her! :lol:

I'm sure she must be a lovely girl really :anxious:

Got the feeling Ben might have had enough and just gave up in the dance off. Seemed not to be enjoying it quite so much any more and maybe it was just his time.

I do think there should maybe be a limit on how many times you can be in the dance off - 3 times in the dance off means you are automatically out. There could conceivably be a situation where someone could be in the dance off most weeks and still be in the final.

Mark will be out next week I think. Felt sorry for him at the weekend- he hurt both of his knees quite badly right at the start of the show and seemed to have trouble getting down the steps. He probably also wanted this week to be his last !

I haven't got a favourite this year - possibly Ashley?

Please let this be Bruce's last series. He irritates me no end but I was seriously worried about him on Saturday.