Peachy77

Who has the oldest Omlet Girl?

Just for a bit of fun, thought I would ask who has the oldest Omlet girl. Our original pepper pot is 5 1/2. Thought this was a good age, but someone else I know has a girl that is 7 - not an omlet girl though!

Not an Omlet, and long gone now, but I had a silver laced dotty called Rosie Red when I was five, she died when I was 14! So she was my oldest bird of 9, silver laced Dottie's are my favourite birds because of her :D .

would be interested to know if the girls are still laying in their old age, not that it matters, we would love them anyway. Just would be fun to know.

My gingernut ranger lived to 5 1/2 but never laid a proper egg for last 4 years.

Our 5 1/2 pepperot was still laying most days, but is moulting at the moment so has stopped. Hopefully she will still lay when she has finished.

Neither of my Omlet girls lived for a great number of years but they were great little characters especially Henny Penny the gingernut.

I do have a Merrydale Sweetie from my original group so she is over 6 now and still lays a few eggs too, she is my friendliest girl.

Chrissie

My two six year olds still layed this year - towards their moult which they are doing right now - I would get 2 eggs then 1 then 1 then none then 2 etc - it still kept the two of us in eggs - I hope when their moult is done that they continue to lay as they have done - they have been amazing chickens over these years and have supplied us with eggs galore. I have just had to buy some - boy is it hard to find nice ones.