Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Hi PL yes I was pleasantly surprised how amazing Russia was. I had imagined it in black,grey and concrete. Architecture is stunning, most fabulous mansion blocks and certainly equal to London for historic sites. It would be a faff to get visas, one, me to go to Britain and OH to Dublin so we did Baltic cruise and in St Petersburg for 48 hours. We did the Moscow trip via high speed train and as you go in via cruise you don’t need visas. I would definitely go back. One surprise was also their metro, the two we saw were done in marble with chandeliers and another had the most amazing bronze statues about 15 feet high, one was holding a cockerel and it is considered lucky to rub it in passing,so it is all shiny.

F90CE5D4-6148-4538-966F-8D9378DB463E.jpeg

96B3EABC-9EC6-400C-A2AB-19C01B4B8DFF.jpeg

The plan is to book a tour of the zone and local towns so we'll see lots; not sure we'll see inside the reactor hall as that's a separate and more expensive tour for educational trips.

You haven't been able to go into buildings in Pripyat the abandoned city since 2012 but I know people on private tours who have done, so we'll have to see...

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 1

I’m so cross!!! I have the week off next week and was really looking forward to doing lots of outdoor yoga in the sun, some snorkelling and surfing and a bit of DIY and decorating. Then this afternoon I was just tidying my work van, nothing heavy just moving some empty bottles around, and I somehow seem to have partially dislocated my collarbone where it meets the sternum! Didn’t even know that was possible!!! Have to go to minor injuries in the morning for an X-ray to confirm and then who knows! 🤬

5 hours in 2 different hospitals this morning and a referral to a ‘remote fracture clinic’. Most likely a dislocated sternoclavicular joint which has gone back in but not totally properly. No lifting, swimming, surfing or yoga until at least after I’ve had contact from the fracture people. Could have been worse though I suppose. Not overly impressed with the first minor injuries nurse I saw though who very authoritatively told me there isn’t a joint there :roll:

Ooooh double ouchie and then one for luck ouchie!  And just by lifting something - and here's me thinking watch my back or make sure I don't give myself a hernia!  Never knew it could happen with the collarbone!  What a bad stroke of luck.  Still - too hot to do anything much!  Hope it soon gets sorted . . . even if you don't have a joint there!  Honestly, some people!  Good to know other peeps seem to know what happened.  

• Like 1

Yes - of sorts.  I haven't had hayfever for quite a few years (yippeeeee) but this year we have both been snorting nasal spray, my husband more so than me.  But my eyes are the most irritated.  

I use Eyelergy drops which is the only one that doesn't burn my eyes and actually soothes them.  Have had to use it for a couple of days and my left eye is worse - in that it's being a nuisance - not the drops, they've helped a lot, it was worse yesterday with the lovely red-eye jelly!  :vom:  The nasal spray which we found to be most effective is Boots Fluticasone Propionate with the yellow label.  I used to like Flixonase but that is no longer produced (I think it was banned in the US) - apparently the Boots pharmacist said this had the same ingredient but not as much - either way if it works I'll have it!

I think also the fine dust around at the moment doesn't help.

Edited by Valkyrie
missed a bit!
  • Thanks 1

I have a rather bad case of hay fever each year. Take antihistamines from April till October, use a prescription nasal spray and eye drops if it’s really bad.

Have learned the hard way that starting early with the whole treatment is much more effective than anything else. You tend to use the drops and sprays once you have symptoms, but they really work best when you start before you get symptoms. There have been summers where I hardly had eye lashes on my eye lids anymore and I started to scratch the roof of my mouth with a fork out of sheer desperation. That was with medication, but started after the symptoms started.

• Thanks 1