Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

One doctor told me to stay indoors and keep the windows and doors shut!  Like that was going to happen!  Same doctor suggested a divers helmet if I wanted to go outside!  Er, nope to that too - I'd rather stuff a hanky up both nostrils and sulk!:lol:

Another time I had tests to see, which resulted in allergy to cats (I wasn't allergic to them at all) and grass.  Most of my worst times was walking in woods, but tree pollen wasn't on my reactive list either.  So as a result of that test I had 3 years of 3 monthly injections from January to desensitise me.  Only a change of doctor at the start of the 3rd course and he refused to issue the prescription!  So I never had the chance to see if it worked.   My mother in law was given annual injections which were for arthritis really - but they were the only thing that worked for her!  Based on her recommendation I asked the doctor (same one that said no before) and again he said no - because I was of child-bearing age.  Meh!

One year it started in February and went on till the end of October - when the hayfever season hadn't even started and long after it had finished, but normally from April or May through September.  I did start with asthma when very young which seemed to go away when the hayfever took over (except for stressy climbing hills).  Recently the asthma has kicked off and been quite irritating this year with coughing.  I'm very bad with the inhalers - not ever having used them before it's very strange to get used to.  Even as a child there wasn't anything to inhale!  I had to sit facing backwards on a chair while my mum massaged my back to try and soothe it all - I remember nothing of that, although I do remember sitting on the dining room chairs backwards while my dad played with my Micky Mouse glove puppet to make me laugh or rather distract me.

I do have a very sensitive nose though, I can smell things when my husband can't.  Also onions trigger off a runny nose among other things like perfumes.

Oh crikey - yes mascara - black eyes that made me end up like an Alice Cooper fan.  Not that I would have minded if that was the case - that darned itching!!!

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

Am I the only one to be really hacked off with this 'back to school' stuff that is appearing everywhere? My boys break up on Friday next (20th) but, even before they have finished, there are shops (LIDL) advertising Back to School! Some local schools are there until 25th!

Quite apart from the fact that they may all grow over the summer who on Earth wants to buy for September in mid July?

Shame on them!

Ha ha super organisers like me. Our ones stopped on 29 th June, 9 weeks of little treasures. I have all bought all except shoes. Just we are so busy with summer schemes, CSSM and going down South for few weeks. I like to know all is ready. If they should grow out of trousers Marks will exchange.

😀😀😀 Soapie I am always running a season ahead. At moment I have 4 boys and a baby so shopping time is limited,when I get chance I buy! We are going to Florida in Oct and I have all our Tshirts bought and waiting, Primark good esp for Harry Potter at minute and any sale sites. Have just ordered a stack for around £3-4 each. Will I also admit to Christmas shopping 😉

That dreadful word - the one that seems so far in the distance yet sneaks up too fast.  I agree seeing all the school stuff in the shops the other day - a sad reminder that summer holidays are over before they have begun.  Always frustrating with my son - he'd keep growing during the year and I was forever buying shoes and trousers - they always fitted from the previous term but before the next half term back to the shoe shop we had to go.  Trousers were easier - just bought a larger size at the same time.  Shoes though - we were into mens size (yay lucky me VAT to pay on clothing with a child who was only 12) - his last 2 years were mens trousers too.  That really irritated me.

DD was slightly different.  But trousers were always a problem.  The uniform that we had to get was poorly made, so I had to scour the shops for something that looked like uniform but fitted.  In the final term of her penultimate school year we found some black trousers in Zara.  Nicely made, fitted, length just right (not short - she hated the ankle swingers) and looked exactly like school uniform.  After the following Easter holidays and last term at school forever - yes they held together and still fitted, no repair jobs necessary!) we were summoned by the year head who told us that jeans were inappropriate wear for school.  They were not jeans but a cotton blend and looked exactly the same - even the pockets - and didn't require me constantly repairing the seams!  I informed her that they were 3 seasons old, had been washed numerous times but now a little faded and why mention it now since she'd been wearing them at school for the past 3 terms and with no complaints in that time!!!!!  She continued to wear them until school was done and dusted.  I am so glad I didn't have another younger child at that place - I think I'd have blown a fuse if I did!  I hasten to add we had more than one pair to rotate!  Actually I was very impressed with the quality - you don't seem to get that nowadays!

Yesterday I said the airshow's kicked off then.  OH said oh I wondered why it sounded like we lived at Heathrow.  He has never experienced the Farnborough Airshow for the weekdays - he's always been at work.  He said I wasn't at work last year I was ill!  That's because it's every 2 years!:roll:

Anyhoooo - this evening I think we had an F-16 over the top - to say it was deafening was an understatement - it actually hurt my ears!!!:shock:

• Like 1

Grandmashazzie.... cool girl. What a brilliant picture. 

Valkyrie.... I just love jets and stuff. I love  watching them but would never want to be in one. There are two advantages to this high pressure weather... old planes can be in displays and the washing dries in about an hour on the line. 

• Like 1

LOL!  Yes indeed.  Hope to see the Blenheim and the tri-planes.  Love the sound of the old planes and the gracefulness of the even older aircraft.  As for washing - line packed away and nothing to string up!  You wait - the moment I can get a lovely long line up it'll rain.

• Haha 1

Just scrolled down and spotted the Olly and that hat!  :lol:

Had the fright of my life this evening (well serves me right for making OH jump - even since his heart attack, my bad) with very loud squealing sounds outside the front window.  I'm guessing that a cat came to investigate the hedgehog and the hedgehog did a defense sound!  I opened the window but all was back to normal with snuffling and the odd chomping sounds followed by rustling as it moved along.  So round one to the hedgehog.  We had 5 in the garden a couple of nights ago!  All seem to be different sizes but one tiny bod - tiny bod was with mum out the back this evening and has visited pretty much most evenings (usually around 9.30 but sometimes I hear them later).  I have bought some proper balanced hedgehog food to test.  It is a big success - Ark Wildlife foods if anyone is interested.  

Noisy little steam engines they are!:D

• Like 1

As I had done last February I went to buy Pellets at my local Harbro store - again asked for my Postcode which I reluctantly gave - then he wanted name and full address - told him I had one chicken and for a bag of food they dont need that - he again said Trading standards wont allow them to sell it to me without.  I declined and went 2 stores along to Pets at Home who sell the same pellets and no questions asked.   Guess Harbro wont be getting my custom again any time soon.