Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

My DS went to Australia in 2012 when there was some extreme weather in Queensland.

My best friend phoned to ask if he was ok as she'd seen it on the news, but I knew nothing about it and then I couldn't contact him.

I did start to panic because I couldn't get any reply from where he was staying - all phone lines were down.

I managed to catch him the next day to which he replied " Queensland is huge Mum, there was just a gentle breeze where I am"

Such a relief.

I hope your family continue to stay safe patsylabrador xxx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

I managed to catch him the next day to which he replied " Queensland is huge Mum, there was just a gentle breeze where I am"

Queensland is massive, you could fit the UK 7 times in that state alone! 

Glad to hear everyone is ok PL

Edited by Geoid
  • Like 1

Thank goodness you got the call before the news that all was fine Patsy.  Not seen the news lately so bit of a shock, that!

I feel your pain Soapy - years ago when our children were young OH started working from home.  Yuk yuk yuk.  Then he went out to the new office and warehouse in London and all was bliss.  After his heart thing he was travelling to work twice a week (I could live with that) but now he's here working most days but I'm longing for the once a month trip to London!

:lol: Light breeze!  But nice way of reassuring you in any case Luvvie!

I am starting to make friends with next door's young dog.  She is still very barky, but she has progressed from running off as soon as I looked at her, to following me and sneaking a lick when my back is turned, to walking with me and accompanying my early morning chores outdoors.  She also tolerates a patting and ear fondle, standing on my foot and leaning into me.  She is all black, with one floppy ear, and judging by the size of her paws, she looks like she still has some growing to doB|  

You can have 2 lurchers Luvachicken, if you really want a dog.

Lurchers are considered juvenile and total eejits until they are about 4 years old, when they become finely honed killing machines! No, seriously, they mature slightly slower, but are such rewarding hounds.

Celine is a sweetie Lewis. I shan't show her picture to the hounds as they aren't even allowed upstairs, and I don't want Cyrus to get ideas! ;)

Thank you Grandmashazzie for the lovely photo :-D

You are right about OH although you do get used to not having a dog. He does say we can have one at some point.

I think what I miss most is that waggy body that greets you when you open the front door and someone to cuddle when I am home alone.

I work longer hours at the moment so it wouldn't be fair.

Got 2 new girlies today. A silver Nick called Florence and  A Maran called Penelope. My other 2 girlies sectioned off are giving them daggers>:(. Rubee the fiesty GNR got told off today for running at my wellie and agressivly pecking it " stop it you little :silenced: bleep "  i said loudly to her " otherwise you might find yourself dispatched" ( didn't mean it) I did note that the buliders over the way went very quiet:lol: probably thought I was telling them off. Please don't ask for pics I am hopeless with modern technology. Thornes in Herts have loads of POL's.  

• Like 1

Just spent a  peaceful hour blackberrying! Huge swathes of blackberry bushes just a 5 minute walk from our house down a little used lane and, my goodness, what a crop this year! We filled 5 ice cream tubs between 4 of us (well, 3.5 really as YS kept eating all the really big juicy ones!) and are now looking forward to  crumbles, blackberry and vanilla sponges and other blackberry related delights over the coming months! 

By the look of things there will be a plethora of sloes too once the first frosts hit.....sloe gin anyone!?

Oh sloe vodka is yum too.  Not much around here though - there are the hedges but no fruit on them to pick.  Need to dive deeper into the country!  OH has made blackberry and apple jelly.  I think he has finally got the texture just right.  He also cooked a ton of apples!  All this while I was getting a Welsummer and a Crested Cream Legbar.  The Dutch girl is Trudy and the the little legbar (she cheepclucks and sometimes meows like a kitten!) is called Tufty.  Trudy bosses Tufty around, but she's about 2 or 3 weeks older.  I gather she's 16 weeks so the little one perhaps 12 or 13 weeks.  She is little.  Cuddles well too.  It's Trudy that is the flightier of the two so far!  Squirt has been very interested and has been talking through the bars.  At least she isn't strutting her stuff and more clucky mode.  Phew!

• Like 1

ES 14th birthday today - how on Earth did that happen? He's now at that awkward stage - all arms, legs and mouth. Makes me feel very old. We have a Heart of the Wild Wood party for  him on Saturday (AKA Lord of the Flies re enactment!) with 13 of them (unlucky?!) fire making, whittling, bow and arrow making, den building etc.

We have just been offered a kitten when its ready to leave Mum, its just a week old now and obviously still teeny tiny.  Thats to go with the puppy we have been offered, not sure if its been born yet and is ready to go in Dec, or if its going to be born in Dec.  Hmmm.  Tempted by both, but its really not a sensible choice with Brexit looming.