Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I always have extra grains if anyone wants some... I can just let them grow on rather than taking the extra out.

It's a good idea, when you have extra to take them out and freeze in a small plastic container; I keep a 'bank' of extra grains to defrost if I have stopped fermenting because I have been away.

Edited by The Dogmother

Looks yummy. Onto Kefir, yes I froze mine for a month while we were away and I don’t think it is as good, maybe imagination. What’s the maximum you would leave it in milk? I have left it 3 days as I forgot to pick up organic milk. It looked and smelt awful, but we drank it anyway, though at that point you wonder are you just drinking off milk. My grains seem to be not multiplying as much as before they were frozen

On 9/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, Daphne said:

We have just been offered a kitten when its ready to leave Mum, its just a week old now and obviously still teeny tiny.  Thats to go with the puppy we have been offered, not sure if its been born yet and is ready to go in Dec, or if its going to be born in Dec.  Hmmm.  Tempted by both, but its really not a sensible choice with Brexit looming.

Kitten :D Puppy :D 

Noone knows what will happen with Brexit and the pet passport scheme but I'm sure there will be a way. Celine will be travelling to the UK next year, hopefully in June but she'll go in March if she has to.

Nothing has been decided so just speculating but vets I've spoken to about it have suggested titre testing may be involved to avoid quarantine. They said keep on top of annual vaccinations and that should provide sufficient cover, that's what I'm doing anyway.