Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Its a bit like when you are slightly ill but don't know it at the time, you wonder why you are feeling a bit rubbish. Then when you return to normal health you feel supercharged.  I think grief and stress can be like that.  Give it time.  And congratulations on the sale; I hope there are some nice or good things you can be doing now you don't have to think about or manage the sale.

Changing the subject entirely, and going 100% trivial, I have lost my metal colander!  Its not in the cupboard where it lives, I have looked all around the kitchen and can't see it anywhere.  OH denies all knowledge.   Luckily I have a plastic one as well, but its not as big.  Its not the loss which is bugging me, more the fact that it can't just disappear!

Hmmm... it's an ongoing source of amazement as to what goes missing at Franklin Towers 😮 Sometimes things turn up again and sometimes they don't (if they do then it's often in a really odd place which just adds to the mystery!)  I think we have 'borrowers'! The fact that it is your metal colander puts me in mind of the Top Gear moped journey around...um, was it Thailand or Vietnam, when James sported an unusual helmet! Anyone in your household ride a moped? 🚲 (All those new emojis and not one for a motorbike/moped!!)

😄 I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about that!

My colandar also turned up...in the saucepan cupboard.  I think a well meaning visitor had put it in there, but because the cupboard is small and dark and I couldn't be bothered to squat down I didn't see it at the back.  I made a comment on somebody's new kitchen thread saying I liked my Mum's cupboard carosel....this is exactly why!

A friend of mine bought a house here last week.  He was so jet lagged (flown in from the other side of the world) and my OH was too busy being ill in bed, that we celebrated the purchase with a 1.99 euro bottle of fizzy portugeuse wine!

• Like 1

Sorry, it's just that I'm enormously proud to be part of this history. I joined at a pivotal time for women in the force in the seventies, we were still quite a minority at work. It was scary and exciting, I have good memories and bad memories but I'm so grateful for all my experiences. http://news.met.police.uk/news/celebrating-100-years-of-female-officers-in-the-met-333878

No need to apologise!  One of the ladies that was in the quilt group retired last year - she made a quilt depicting different times that she was a policewoman.  She is also a fun raconteur with so many hilarious anecdotes - but like you it wasn't all pleasant.  That was a very interesting read on the timescale of things.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 11:48 AM, Grandmashazzie said:

Loving all the pics. Did you escape the deli belly RHC. All of my group got it one by one. Thankfully I got it when I was almost home. One poor girl spent the whole of a 4 hour train journey on the European loo.

Hi! We did! Hooray! it was the thing that put me off going to India for years! We had a plan...

Scrupulous hand hygiene! we took the Clinell hand wipes and some antibacterial hand gel.  We washed our hands before eating, everywhere has a sink to wash your hands. We would have liked to try more street food, but only saw samosas and Pani puri. We didn't eat the Pani Puri as the filling (tamarind water? was made with unfiltered water, or so we were told)  We did have samosas and chai tea. 

Our other secret weapon was Peptobismol tablets. Had between one and 3 a day. Brilliant!

• Like 1

Can you appeal? OH has had several recently and successfully appealed them given that, variously, the parking regulations had changed significantly and there was insufficient notification posted, he was not, in fact, encroaching on another space (in spite of what the ticket said and he had photographic evidence otherwise) and that the make of his car was quoted incorrectly on the documentation (and he was just 2 mins over the paid for time!)

It does seem to depend on where you were parked and who owns the car park - very often the ticketing is contracted out and the firms can be over zealous! I did catch something on the news this morning to the effect that private car parking rules are to be severely overhauled to make make them fairer and more consistent - bring it on!

I'm a grandma! I'm so excited. My grandson was 8 1/2 lbs which is pretty much off the scale for Japanese baby. I've seen a video of him when he was brand new, so cute. A lovely mix of East and West. He looks quite robust which is good as I know he already has his first snowboard! I can't wait to hold him but I have to be patient as I can't do that for a few months. 

• Like 1