Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 12/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, Geoid said:

I got a parking ticket yesterday :(

What makes it worse, is that I was at work, driving a work car! 

I'm afraid like DM I too had to laugh. Especially as you were working 😀

PL many congratulations. It seems the time for babies. Two of my friends have become grandmas in the last couple of days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grandmashazzie said:

Congratulations PL.......any names yet. I love hearing baby names. Did you see recent article about airline staff making fun of child whose first name was Abcde pronounced Ab-city. 

He's called Harry. He'll use his Ma's surname (it'll be easier for him) so they wanted an English first name.

As for Abcde I couldn't believe the mother would be so daft. That child will be mocked all the time. Maybe that shouldn't happen but it will and so help your child at the very least with a reasonable name. 

To try to stop Pootle crowing at 6 in the morning (its still pitch black, whatever is he thinking?!) I’ve shut the Cube door the last couple of nights (not sure my logic follows as it is so dark at that time anyway but hey ho). When I went out to do it last night I peeped in through the egg port to see where they all were, and they looked so snuggly with 10 of them all in there (even though most of them are at war most of the time when they’re awake!). Made me smile 😊  

• Like 2

We're on Boxing Day here. In one way or another everyone was working over Christmas so I did a christmas eve, a christmas day, a Christmas eve/boxing day, a Christmas day and now finally a boxing day. Last week we also catered for an extended family get together so it's been a bit complicated and I forgot some things. I completely forgot about cakes and puddings yesterday but nobody minded. Altogether though it's been really funny and fun. Everyone is at work tomorrow so there won't be any visitors and I shall put my feet up and listen to my serial killer podcasts which I've really missed this week. I hope you all had a good time. 

4 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

Bet that gets a few laughs down the pub!

I wore it driving to my mums house on Christmas morning. I passed a lady walking her dog and for a few seconds wondered why she was laughing at me!

5 hours ago, soapdragon said:

That's fabulous! Have you worn it out to your chickens yet? If so, did they notice!!??

See below!!!!

545CA937-4FA1-4081-A7DD-0D98925AB243.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soapdragon said:

OH bought a big tub of Twiglets this morning, reduced in the Christmas section of the supermarket. Wow! A real trip down memory lane as haven't had them in years! Yum! Had to be prised away from them....they are very high in fibre (well, that's my excuse anyway!) 

Twiglets are one of the things we have to send /take to ES. They just can't be found. 

When I was very tiny I lived in Cyprus and one of my earliest memories is being at a 'posh' birthday party and sitting on a verandah in a stiff, lacy party dress and a man offered me a bowl of peanuts and I just burst into tears. I was about three and that's all I can remember. The poor man was probably a dad just trying to be nice to a weird little girl. 

He's probably still in therapy :lol:. Isn't it funny how a few very early memories stay with us so vividly though? I guess it's the ones involving strong emotions.....as a matter of interest, do you eat peanuts now or did the experience put you off them for life?

Edited to add; who had heard of peanut allergies back then? Perhaps it was an inherent safety thing to start crying!?

Edited by soapdragon
dimwittedness

14 hours ago, soapdragon said:

Not sure if your chicken is being friendly or in attack mode??!!

Definitely attack!!! Good job she’s so small! When she was a chick she used to peck the eyes of the pictures of the chicks on the chick crumb bag! 

I think it’s because she’s bottom of the pecking order and needs someone to go for - it’s usually the cleaning out spade!

Oops!  Well I do like the hat before she beats it up too much!

Twiglets!  We were invited down the road for post Christmas drinks (very enjoyable - downright fun!) and there was a bowl of Twiglets.  I do not like Marmite and I so do not like eating Twiggers - except I can't stop myself!  I suck the icky stuff off first and wince while doing it!  Whyyyyyy?🤪

• Like 1