Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

🤪 What was I on!!!:lol:  But thinking about it - yep, guaranteed to bring OH into self-imposed solitary confinement whenever chicken things need sorting and it needs 2 of us.  Peace on one hand but man flu . . . weldmesh over the bedroom door and egg boxes to make it sound proof!  Ta daaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We lost Snap this afternoon. Treat man was certain she’d been there when he let them out and I was pretty sure she’d been there when I shut them in at night but now, at corn o clock, nowhere to be seen. I crashed through the undergrowth but no sign of her, went for a walk down the footpath but not far thinking ‘well if she’s not in the garden she’s gone’. Then a phonecall from OH - ‘She’s here! I don’t know where she came from but she’s here!’. Well in that case she can only have been doing one thing. And a fingertip search of ‘the jungle’ eventually led to the find below!

5091FD9A-40C0-4D77-9CF7-4C27F43F9DD6.jpeg

C0CD9652-2AC0-4FD0-96C4-B8C721D6F90F.jpeg

• Like 4

Didn’t quite understand the doctor’s instructions to rest.  Spent the day cleaning out the chickens.  Used Dengie freshbed instead of hemcore for the first time and my clothes still smell like I’m wearing a pine disinfectant bottle.

Strangely hubby isn’t agreeing to me sprinkling it liberally around my teenage boys room... shame 

will use woodchip in the run when it is relocated but thought this stuff would suffice short-term 

• Haha 1

I'm visualising the lads coming home from school going eh?  What?  Then again they won't notice because the forbidden drinks and sweets that they've sneaked in will soon be spilt on the floor - and all you need is a poop scoop to clean it up.  What an excellent idea!  :lol:

Yeah, doctors - don't lift she said.  Well that's a bit difficult because everything needs hauling or heaving around - even big fat brahmas!  I'm guessing your doc meant take time for yourself and do what relaxes you - and perhaps being with the chickens is just what you need even if it means cleaning them out?

6 hours ago, Lewis said:

Got an email this morning to say my CV and cover letter have been forwarded to local practices after I had a phone interview for a graduate programme :D
There's one practice I really like the look of and that I think I'd fit in with the team but trying not to set my heart on that one...

I have a phone interview next week with another vets I like and a third place that I haven't heard back from yet.

Good luck Lewis. I am sure it will work out in the long term even if you don't get your favoured choice. 

Fingers crossed you get the one you like. 

6 hours ago, Lewis said:

Got an email this morning to say my CV and cover letter have been forwarded to local practices after I had a phone interview for a graduate programme :D
There's one practice I really like the look of and that I think I'd fit in with the team but trying not to set my heart on that one...

I have a phone interview next week with another vets I like and a third place that I haven't heard back from yet.

Congrats on the interview.  Hope it goes well.  You may still hear your ideal practice 🤞

Just a thought, Lewis, but might it be worth contacting your favoured practice and perhaps see if you can visit, have a chat or get more info? If you butter them up and say that you felt particularly drawn to them then that might just put you a little ahead and make you stand out (just that bit more!) when it comes to their shortlisting!? It seems that it is all about 'putting yourself out there' these days ;) Sending positive vibes your way!

Oooooh AWESOME!  Nice view!  Definitely a trip closer next time - look forward to seeing the photos.  My Canadian cuz worked for many years dealing with antique Japanese block prints - there were plenty of Mount Fuji!  Actually they also made a lot of naughty (and I mean naughty!) prints.  The studio in Toronto had a separate private room for those sorts!  :shock:  

1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

Oooooh AWESOME!  Nice view!  Definitely a trip closer next time - look forward to seeing the photos.  My Canadian cuz worked for many years dealing with antique Japanese block prints - there were plenty of Mount Fuji!  Actually they also made a lot of naughty (and I mean naughty!) prints.  The studio in Toronto had a separate private room for those sorts!  :shock:  

I bought a box of Japanese block print postcards from V&A. I was surprised by how 'cheeky' they were but they were just bottoms and boobs. That is Mount Yotei in the very north of Japan. It looks like Fujisan doesn't it. ( being pretentious saying Fujisan but apparently that's what Japanese people say)