Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I'm almost sixty and for a birthday treat my daughter took me to Bath for the day. We visited the Abbey, the Baths museum and had brunch in the Pump Rooms. She is very energetic and I think we walked around the city centre three times plus a walk along the river. We saw all the sights. It was such a great day and I'm knackered. Fave photos coming up... 

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01209.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01236.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

• Like 2

Lovely isn't it Patsylabby.  Last time we went we took a guided tour and found things that we didn't realise were there - but I can't remember them now, some parts of history don't really stick long enough in my head.  Pretty much like most things nowadays!  :lol:

• Like 1

We have masses of wild garlic in the garden and will be making pesto this weekend along with pasta to eat it with! If any of you are local to OX44 and would like some wild garlic then let me know - welcome to come and collect and it will go mad in your garden!

Bath is wonderful - FIL used to live just outside and we had some lovely walks around the city. The Green Tree in Green Street was wonderful for lunch and the hairdresser three doors down was brilliant. I used to take the train from Didcot to go and get my hair cut in the days before children when I had money! - but maybe it's changed since we were there? If you are in Bath overnight then the Bizarre Bath tour with Noel is a must - hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am now tortoise sitting for a week! Neighbour over the road is away and has left us with three of the little things! The boys find them fascinating and love watching them speed over to the fresh lettuce that we put out for them but I am not so keen....sounds a bit mean but I do find them slightly repellant! They have been out of hibernation now for a few weeks, apparently, so am hoping we don't go back to frosts before neighbour returns next Wednesday!

❤️ I love that quizzical look of hers in the last photo.  So cute!  Same here - all birds have laid (apart from the little'uns) and Dusty is being a right old turkey.  So she's going cold turkey now.  Annoyingly Trigger has been yelling probably to call her to him.  I can't blame her for not listening - I've done that with OH many a time!:lol: