Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Yesterday I was stalked by a snake, plenty wrong with that!  I have also discovered 2 sets of annoying pests.  Some small beetles have decimated my hollyhocks, the leaves are like lace.  And some small slugs (red on one side) have eaten a lily, I am doubly furious as I only have one of these plants and normally there is no sign of slug life here.  Grrr.

On the plus side, I got an email yesterday titled 'Baby Sussex', my first thought was chicken, not royalty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Patricia W said:

Priceless!  Glad my cockerel Phillip 1st never met a meter man!  He’d have had more than a peck! 

My grandparents had one cockerel who was a total terminator when any human went in their pen - he'd fly at you with all spurs, claws and beak ready to go  for you... had to go in armed with a bucket or broom! He ended u being succeeded by one of his sons which had a much more affable nature.

That was my Phillip 1st, bless him!  My OH still has a scar on his shin where Phillip  got him with his lethal spurs in a Karate type move, when he got between him and his girls.  Phillip 2nd was all feathers and fluff in comparison.  Mind you, since he’s moved on to his new home,  it’s bliss to be able to walk around without feathers flying! 

Edited by Patricia W

Cool!  We went up there donkeys years ago - but we didn't get a certificate!:boohoo: :lol:  That must be a new thing to give those out because we had a roof (inside on the rafters and outside) tour of Salisbury Cathedral last year and went up into the bell tower (awesome!) and we were given certificates for the climb.  Recommend that if you can get there.  But yes, the Monument you can go right up round and round and round - OK going up but coming down - yeek!

:-( well that was an insult to your injury.  I certainly feel a pull as I go down flights of stairs - and running down since I broke my ankle is out of the question.  I suppose I could, I can walk down normally - but I do tend to go down step by step because knowing me I'd be bouncing down, sooner or later, on my bottom, back, side anything but the normal way!

Is there anything that can be done or are you deemed too fit at the moment?  One of OH's relatives was told by her doctor that she should have an op and sent details to the hospital (after tests etc) but the hospital said she was fine and had to wait.  Her doctor then contacted the hospital and she was sent right back.  Both knees needed replacements and the worst one was done within a month!  On the NHS too!  I guess it depends on the doctors that you see. Hope you can get some relief from it.  If it happens to me - I already have my Zimmer frame courtesy of number one son for my 60th! :roll::lol: