Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

LOL!  It's amazing isn't it.  Patsylabby doing a Pansy Potter!  I saw a video on Youtube when that was at Tintern Abbey - very atmospheric!  It's the blue light around reflecting off the ceiling and walls - must have looked awesome at the museum too!

• Like 1

I do love having the house to myself. Even though the kids are adults that still doesn't happen often. Because they all work different shifts it's a sort of social hot bunking. I was looking through photos on my phone and thought I'd share this one of my daughter-in-law in her wedding dress. She looked so lovely and magical. IMG_20190528_210727-01.thumb.jpeg.203817105ed6211f0c882b8711160d7d.jpeg

• Like 2

I had my LGV (formerly known as HGV) theory test and multiple choice today. I passed both :D

I completed the multiple choice part in 5 minutes (you get 1 hour 55 minutes), and got 94%.  They had to check the CCTV to make sure I didn't cheat! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, Eden looks great! We visited the year after it opened (sooo, some time ago then!) and would love to go back and see how it has developed...obviously the planting was new and so quite sp***** when we went. Am guessing it's near to you, MH?

Lots of lovely rain here yesterday much to the delight of the parched garden and showers this morning tho' clearing now but I'm still not confident enough to put the bedding on the line!

Fete season again! Just got back from a lovely fete in the next village with a tray of runner beans (which I totally forgot to plant this year!) as well as a big ceramic planter for the front garden. On the fancy goods stall I picked up some really nice luxury stuff (brand new Clarins body lotion, L'Occitane hand cream) for £2 each and OH cleared the bookstall (well, it felt like it!) Even YS bought a Playmobil pirate ship on the toy stall for £4 albeit against my better judgement - there is only so much Playmobil pirate stuff that will fit into a bedroom, after all! Local brass band playing for the duration, dog show in the arena and more chutney and jam than you could shake a stick at. Bliss!

• Like 1

Congratulations Geoid.  You can team up with Chickwiggle now!

The in-laws were at Carlyon Bay hotel the other day, stopped here for a night then went on to Cornwall to meet up with friends who live there.  A friendship spanning 70 years!  Then back to us for another sleepover and travelling home.  It's been a while since I've been to the Eden project - all I remember was that it was boiling hot outside and even hotter inside and I melted!:lol:

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, soapdragon said:

Wow, Eden looks great! We visited the year after it opened (sooo, some time ago then!) and would love to go back and see how it has developed...obviously the planting was new and so quite sp***** when we went. Am guessing it's near to you, MH?

Lots of lovely rain here yesterday much to the delight of the parched garden and showers this morning tho' clearing now but I'm still not confident enough to put the bedding on the line!

Have just realised that 'the system' has blanked our part of a word in my previous post! What I had typed was that the planting was spar5e as in not grown up as it was fairly new! Nothing to do with bottoms! Honestly! Sometimes I think these things go a bit too far.

• Haha 2

I have a convalescent hen in my rabbit hutch and a gang of magpies thugs seem to want access to her. I am on sick so can bang on window. First 2 now 3 they are real bully boys. Anyone had probs with them? When shes recovered will put her back with sister but she has a bald bum feathers coming thro. 

Always something going on