Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

YS12 is doing renewable energy (or some subject!) and water meters came up. OH said you could save water in a water butt, however my son refuses to say butt out loud in class :roll: Kids - ha. I did say Basil kittens smelly farts could be a source of wind power. :lol: YS whose kitten it is wasnt amused. Young of today - oh dear.

We got a very old fashioned scam this morning. A letter (which cost them 60p) looking for relatives of Charles Gilmore. Strangely a friend of mine up the road got one looking for relatives of Charles Owen. Obviously never heard of email despite putting their email address in the letter :roll:

We got a very old fashioned scam this morning.

That is a new one on me will need to watch out for it though.

On another note. Am I the only one who dissects gifts? For example OH sent me some flowers as it was our anniversary and included were a couple of bits of ribbon and an elastic band in the packaging. I have carefully stored away the ribbon bits in my box and the band is in the 'everything useful' drawer. I did remember to put the flowers in water too :lol:

It's not Stephen Gough 'THE' naked rambler is it? If so, I wouldn't worry too much, he gets arrested on a fairly regular basis, so it's unlikely he'll be around for long :roll::lol:

Sad day at work today; Nigel the calf died of pneumonia; he was a British Longhorn, born in August, but was never really strong. He was nursed along, but had to be PTS at the weekend.

I miss his wee head looking at me from their field. :(

My 12 year old son had heard us talking about Mr Fox and found me this pretty awful song - sorry no good at links - google - youtube Ylvis "what did the fox say" - its catchy and dreadfull but might appeal as foxes appear a lot on the forum. I'd never heard of it either. :lol:

My 12 year old son had heard us talking about Mr Fox and found me this pretty awful song - sorry no good at links - google - youtube Ylvis "what did the fox say" - its catchy and dreadfull but might appeal as foxes appear a lot on the forum. I'd never heard of it either. :lol:

You mean

awful song? Caution - some foul language in the comments

Yup _ apologies didnt watch to end so missed bad language = my son said it would appeal to the Omlet readers - he has a 12yr olds sense of humour. But Fred I am old enough to remember some real awful songs which sadly reached number 1.

Very sad at work this afternoon; the biggest red stag has been killed in a fight. From what I can gather, a younger stag was taking him on when the older boy slipped in the mud and fell into the ha-ha with the other stag on top of him.

The old boy has died, and the younger one is in shock. I was just admiring the old fella this morning; he was bellowing with his head back as I drove into work :(