Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

PL,they look good,do they have a name and will I see them where clips are sold. After many years of a jaw length bob I am growing my hair,without colour arghhhhh. I went to Nottingham and was on double decker bus to town centre and this ‘older’ women got on. No make up,grey hair,slim with a very regal posture. I’d say ex ballet or Pilates teacher. Anyways she had her hair up in a loose bun sort of thing with escaped tendrils and I thought it looked lovely. I was nearly there after growing it last summer and went to hairdressers for trim which has set it well back esp after several trims. Now I am staying away. Colour half out and looks bit odd,two wide silver patches at front but rest still mostly dark. Lengthwise can just be dragged into ponytail of half an inch,hence need for clips. However determined to get there. Re tossing and turning at night. My hair at back was getting very damaged and tatty in mornings and I treated myself to a proper silk pillowcase. They are supposed to be good for skin and hair and definitely the end of tatty morning hair.

We'll have to make ourselves some night caps!  :lol:

I did bow to pressure and have my hair highlighted many years ago - couldn't justify the expense of constantly having it touched up so I grew it out - I have a photo of my hair quite long (and permed) having finally lost the last of the dye.  When I was young I dyed my hair blonde, hated it and tried to dye it brown - but it changed to carrot!  I actually liked that but again I wanted it gone when the roots started to show.  Much happier with my natural colouring and I gave up with perms as my hair declares a war zone on chemicals and wins the fight.  Now I have salt and pepper hair (thanks dad) with a rather broader Dickie Davies patch (thanks mum - not!) - where my annoying "cow lick" fringe is.

My son has had a grey patch on the right side of his head since he was a baby - I wondered if it was down to forceps damage.  The doctor said pfft - that's not grey, it's blonde.  I beg to differ - the few strands were white and quite wiry.  He still has the little patch and it shows up now his hair isn't fair any more.

I call them spiral clips which is good enough to find them on amazon and where I bought them. I like the bobble bands too, they're gentle on the hair and don't squeeze it. I've had grey hair for quite a while now and I really like it. My skin tone has changed over the years so they sort of match now. I would also say it's in better condition than when I was doing stuff to it. 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but. . .

"I think we should get some chickens," he said. "They'll be fun," he said.

All "he" does to help with them is let them out in the morning! Why is it that it's (nearly) always us women that are left to deal with any animals we get?! :whistle::lol:

• Like 1

My boys would love a dog but ES threw his hamster out of his room as it was making too much noise and had to be badgered to clean poor little Apple out! He even thinks that Hug, YS gorgeous grey Syrian, is a lot of trouble O.o However, my sister recently got a puppy and, having spent just one afternoon with her, they now realise how much hard work it actually is! At least you don't need poo bags for hamsters xD

Its lovely when people say things that make you well up. Booked my 2 kitties in cattery today and in email explained we had had our other pts last year and the lady's husband acknowledged booking , an hour later she sent an email to say " I see you lost your special little boy - such a sweetheart" ;last year she had to medicate him and hydrate him every few days with saline (not easy injecting a cat with 10-20mls fluid) yes I pay her to do that but OH and I were so touched. Lovely that she remembered him. 

• Like 1

I have been up in Ednburgh for a few days - visiting my girl; after the last couple of years of illness etc, she is much better now and doing so well; I couldn't be prouder. We've had a lovely time,and I have cleaned their kitchen - as you do! :roll: I also met up with ANH and Louise from the forum. Great to have mostly good weather too.

11 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

I have been up in Ednburgh for a few days.

We live about 80 miles north of Edinburgh. If you're coming up again we could maybe meet?

Yes, you were lucky with the weather this week, and I'm pleased to hear that your daughter is doing well.

On 18/04/2018 at 10:56 PM, The Dogmother said:

I have been up in Ednburgh for a few days - visiting my girl; after the last couple of years of illness etc, she is much better now and doing so well; I couldn't be prouder. We've had a lovely time,and I have cleaned their kitchen - as you do! :roll: I also met up with ANH and Louise from the forum. Great to have mostly good weather too.

It was lovely to meet you in person and your beautiful girl (who I still imagine being about 10!).  Sounds like there are enough people up this way for us to have a proper Omlet meet next time you're up in Edinburgh!

• Thanks 1

I was in London yesterday and we forgot about the Queen's birthday and the Commonwealth leaders summit and we didn't know about the biker's rally so getting to the parking spaces in Hyde Park was a bit tricky. It gave me the opportunity to snap this picture which is full of stuff and I really like it. There's the Metpol, the Gunners, the bikers and I especially like the reflection of the biker in his mirror. We eventually managed to get parked, the park was very busy but fun to be in. It felt a bit like the seaside and there were loads of pedalos out on the lake. 

DSC04057-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Glad you had a good time up north DM and that R is doing well.

Lovely photos PL. when I was training and working in London I used to enjoy walking around the capital seeing the sights and people watching. 

Feeling fed up tonight DH flying to India for work for two weeks. He is away most weeks for 2  or 3 nights in Guernsey or Southampton but I hate it when he goes away on proper foreign trips. 

Chrissie

On 4/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, Ain't Nobody Here said:

It was lovely to meet you in person and your beautiful girl (who I still imagine being about 10!).  Sounds like there are enough people up this way for us to have a proper Omlet meet next time you're up in Edinburgh!

We will have to do a mini-meet, especially as Louise doesn't get any time on the forum now. Hopefully she won't be working and able to join us

I am back up there 27/06-04/07 to help them all move in to their new flat

Vicki..... I still imagine her being about 10 too!! It never ceases to amaze me that she's an adult  woman :shock:  :roll:

K, yes, they both got hugs :wink:

Jude, lovely photo. I like the juxtaposition of the face reflected in the wingie. Colleague is a biker, so I get regular pillion rides.

Ebay rant:

WTHeck are people like???? I feel like my head will explode sometimes

I have been listing stuff on ebay for my dad, including some odd bits of furniture, listed as collection only.

I got this message: " I desperately need ''tis chest of drawers but I live in St Johns .Wood near the Zoo. I don't know how to get it. I am an Artist and it would be so useful. Do you have any ideas

Now, does she want me to feel sorry for her and say that I will deliver it (hell might freeze over).  Is it some sort of daft joke?

I typed a response, which I then binned before sending, but just typing it made me feel soo much better:

"This is ebay, it is an auction site; you bid on something, then if you're lucky you win it, then you just go and collect it... seemples. GET A LIFE"

Annnnd breathe

:lol: I find writing out a rant is so good for getting it out of your system - and then binning it before writing a more um, carefully worded response.  However I wonder if the person is young-ish and there are plenty out there that need to be spoon fed.  I know a few - thankfully mine seem to be finally getting a grip now.  Good job we also know a fair few young'uns that are not!  On the other hand it could be a dappy old woman like me.  It wasn't me by the way!:angel:

Frankly nothing surprises me today.i had to see a patient today with some fishwife who was shouting at the poor receptionist. All this in a Drs surgery. Poor receptionist later in tears. A while later another woman complete with brat was berating reception. I voiced my displeasure to the manager and told him it was like working in a lunatic asylum.  I am this close to walking out and not alone.