Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Those are beautiful photos :grin:

Oh I do love sparrows but for some reason they don't come down my end of the road anymore.

I love how they chatter.

I did have a male in the garden the other day, but he literally sat on a twig for a couple of seconds and then flew away and hasn't come back.

We used to have them when we first moved here but they now mostly live at the top of the road. 

It's Hobbit Marathon Day! 9 hours of Hobbit films. Yes  it's warm and sunny outdoors but needs must. 

I found this beautiful Japanese garden in Holland Park. I had no idea it was there and just saw an article about it last night so I thought it would be nice to visit, and it was. 

DSC05594-01.jpeg

I took loads of photos but this duck having a cooling shower is my favourite. In all the years I've lived here I've never been to Holland Park. It's so crazy. Parts of it feel like a woodland walk and you can't hear all the traffic and chaos at all. Then in another part which is like an Italian formal garden next to a large stage, so we were sitting there in this Italian garden in the sun, watching bees in the lavender listening to La Boheme being rehe*****d. It was sublime. 

IMG_20180613_161056.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Rehear sed sets off the word sensor because of the word it contains :lol::lol::lol: 

Lovely photos, I can just imagine Mandarin ducks having a shower there

Holland Park just along from Nottinghill Gate. It's one of those places you see on the tube map but ignore. It's about 2 minutes from Holland Park tube station and we were very surprised by it. We expected the usual London park, like Hyde Park or Regents Park but it's not that at all. It kind of filled a gap in our London if you know what I mean. OH knew the area well as a copper but he was stunned by the park. We're on a quest to visit lots of less known places in London and it's quite fun. 

That does look like a beautiful park :grin:

Took me a while to work out what the censored word was though :lol: