Egluntyne

Christmas Crafty Swap 2013

Thank you my Secret Santa, I have received a beautiful purple knitted scarf and a lovely garland of lovely hand sewn, padded shapes and very crafty bead work.

Many apologies for being so slow to post my thanks, I'll put some photos up tomorrow. The scarf is very snuggly and warm - essential at the moment as the wind is bitter and blowing a hoolie!

Thank you again and also thank to Egluntyne.

Lucy x

Wow. I'm always amazed at the quality and variety of skills that emerge from this swap!

I'm just settling down for the last part of 'Death Comes to Pemberley' with a little glass of damson vodka, my mini hot water-bottle to keep my hands warm, and a few chocs from my foodie swap! Thank you, swappers. :D

Finally! Managed to get rid of DH for half an hour so I can post my pic:

9abb4722-7551-4dc5-914d-adc60ca8c4e2_zps3d55e622.jpg

The candle was used as a table centrepiece for Boxing Day lunch. The wreath is hanging on the inner front door, and the cards/tags will go into my present/card cupboard for next year. Thank you again for my gifts.

There are some truly beautiful items on here, and some incredibly gifted people on this forum. Well done everybody.

Here are my gifts!!!!

IMGP3763_zps88d06d0f.jpg

IMGP3762_zps04c78743.jpg

IMGP3761_zps4e73511f.jpg

I love my decorations..but here is the stunner... my gorgeous table runner. Which is just too nice to put away until next Xmas, so we are having it across the bottom of our bed!

ChristmasTable_zps5abbd69c.jpg

I hope photobucket worked!!! Thank you o much to my secret Santa. Sorry for the delay in posting up pics, been a bit busy battling the elements, looking after the chooks & seeing to a pig that is going to farrow any minute. (over night / early morning I think).

Emma.x

Here are my gifts!!!!

I love my decorations..but here is the stunner... my gorgeous table runner. Which is just too nice to put away until next Xmas, so we are having it across the bottom of our bed!

Emma.x

Wow :D

I thought the decorations were lovely and that perhaps I could take part next year and then I saw the table runner and realised that my crafting is not in the same league. Wow that is so beautiful.

There are some very talented Omleteers.

Chrissie

Here are my gifts!!!!

Emma.x

I thought the decorations were lovely and that perhaps I could take part next year and then I saw the table runner and realised that my crafting is not in the same league. Wow that is so beautiful.

Chrissie

Yes, the table runner is gorgeous. But don't be put off taking part Chrissie. There are all levels of talent here and I am definitely near/at the bottom, sadly, but I participate and each year try to do a little more. I love each and every one of my swaps and enjoy the challenge of making something for someone I've never met. The felt coaster swap gave me the boost to try wet felting, something I'd wanted to do but never got around to. I failed miserably at the cardi challenge though!!!

I think we all cherish something handmade because we know and appreciate the thought and effort that goes into it, where others may not. A lady at my spinning group was telling us recently about the lovingly made socks she gave to her D-I-L, only to find one of them at the bottom of the dog's bed!!!

Here are my gifts!!!!

Emma.x

Chrissie

Chrissie, this was the first time I took part because I also thought I wasn't good enough, but I was pleased with what I made my swappee and I know they liked what I made, and it made me feel very happy knowing I had brightened someone's day with my gifts.

I have loved looking at all the photos. Everyone is very clever and talented :clap::clap::clap: