kinsk

Brain tumours and dogs - ETA confirmed bone cancer

I'm so sorry to read this, I really hoped that as the lump had come up suddenly it would be nothing too much to worry about ... don't know what to say, but I'm sending you and doggy a huge hug - I will be thinking of you ...

Thank you, we are both gutted, obviously feared the worst but were still holding out a bit of hope. Picked him up some metacam this morning so that should make him more comfortable. Don't particularly like giving it as I am sure it's what packed one of our other dogs liver up and brother in law thinks the same with one of his dogs, but with a three month prognosis it's not like he's going to be on it long term and keeping him as happy as possible is the most important.

I'm so sorry to read about your lovely dog :(

I am lost for words as to what to write.

(I couldn't write sooner as Daisy would have been 17 this week and I have been feeling a bit miserable)

I hope the metacam helps - Daisy used to have it and it did help her.

I send you and your dog a huge hug xxx

Oh I am so sorry.

I have seen too many bone tumours during my career and nursed one dog through it personally.

Bone cancer is very painful. If the metacam doesn't work don't hesitate to ask your vet for something stronger like a fentanyl patch....best of luck

The metacam certainly seems to have perked him up a bit over the weekend.

Thanks again for all your responses and for the tip on the patch xx