Egluntyne

Omleteers fit for 2014

I don't weigh or measure as such but have been gauging my weight loss by seeing how my motorbike trousers fit as they were very tight when I bought them and I was bulgy in them. I went out on the bike today, I haven't ridden over winter and my trousers were a nice neat fit. No bulgy bits, I'm dead chuffed and celebrated with a burger in a biker cafe which was actually a container/skip sort of thing. Nice burger though!

I'm very pleased my walking is proving effective as I'm often lectured about it not being proper exercise. I always argue thatif I love doing it, and do it every day then it is the proper exercise for me.

I'm very pleased my walking is proving effective as I'm often lectured about it not being proper exercise.

Total rubbish! Walking is great exercise, as you have found! Walking is my main exercise - around 1.5 - 2 hours every day with the dog and I am fit as a flea and have to eat like a horse to maintain weight :lol: I go horse riding once a fortnight or so, it's great exercise, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on my fitness at that frequency.

Walking is brilliant exercise PL, especially if you can maintain a pace which makes you feel like you are pushing yourself. Posture helps too, you can engage your core (pelvic floor) muscles, shoulders back and down, and 'lead with the nipples', then you'll be doing a power of good.

Rosie and I managed to get to our first yoga class last Sunday - and hour and a half - and we enjoyed it immensely. The class is small and tends to book up quickly, so we have one place for this weekend, but are waiting for a cancellation to get another one for her.

Sorry to hear that, DM :( .

I didn't do the race I was hoping to do yesterday but did manage a 5.3 mile off road run this morning. My knee is uncomfortable but my logic is that as I didn't do the injury running, I won't be damaging it any more by running. I hope to do a race in a couple of weeks so don't want to lose fitness.

My chest infection and interminable cold are finally receding, so I hope to get back to exercising this coming week, albeit gently as I feel like I have had the stuffing taken out of me.

Rosie and I are back at yoga on Sunday evening for an hour and a half, then I might try getting back to circuit training on Monday evening, depending on how I feel as it's pretty hardcore.

I am currently looking after a neighbour's house and cats while they are away, so I used their bathroom scales to weigh myself (we don't have any) and according to those, I am 7.5 stone. They must be wrong as that is my 'fighting weight' and I don't feel anywhere near that :doh:

Just relaxing after taking part in a four and a half hour spinning class for charity. The only breaks from the cycling were running to the loo breaks. Feet up now waiting for the leg pain start.