Egluntyne

Omleteers fit for 2014

God for you! :clap:

Rosie and I are now doing Yoga every Sunday evening for an hour and a half; the core work and control movements are doing their stuff. We did Body Pump on Wednesday evening, I haven't done it in ages, and really enjoyed it. By god , my triceps ached later in the week though.

Wow, Ali, that's quite a marathon! Hope the legs aren't too sore tomorrow!

Went for a run yesterday to test my sore knee. Great Eagles song on my mp3 player inspired me to run fast and I managed a PB :shock: . Only 2 miles but still. So my knee was ok but my lungs struggled a bit :? .

Hoping to do a race on Wednesday but will make a decision then. Knee is a bit sore today :( .

Hips were a bit sore this morning but that is usual for me.I think we need a new mattress. Only other soreness is behind my left knee. I must be fitter than I think. I will be cycling to work tomorrow as usual and going to Curves after work if my knee doesn't get worse over night.

All my cycling, hill walking, swimming.... No injuries (well unless you count when I was hit by a wing mirror but that doesn't count :wink: )

However, lifting a bass cabinet (18kg) off a rickety stage last night and I've only pulled my right hamstring!! I'm in real pain this afternoon, as it's got worse as the day has progressed :(

Decided to have a go at Dumyat Hill Race last night :anxious: . My legs and sore knee felt surprisingly ok considering I haven't run properly for a few weeks. Didn't exactly break the land speed record - going up to my knee in a bog didn't help :roll: . ES wasn't running due to an injury so kept me company most of the way.

Hard race, 5 miles in total, straight up then straight down again, very muddy and slippy but actually really enjoyed it. There were 34 behind me at the end so quite pleased. Probably about 300 ahead of me but we'll not mention that!

YS was first Stirling student to finish and got interviewed afterwards - he's the tall lad in the green vest. His brother did the same last year 8) .

Well done Vicki!

Clare, never heard of it, but now I want to do it :lol:

OH and I have just signed up to a 60km circular route of London...... On our Bromptons :anxious: (folding bikes)

It'll only go ahead if the weather is suitable. But it's the first week of July!!

Not long left on training. Can do 25 miles (so about 40km) no probs on my normal bike, but adding an extra 50% and doing it on a folding bike..... It's going to be a challenge!! Thankfully it's flat!

Rosie and I are now regulars at Body Pump and enjoying it; I am feeling more toned and it is helping R with her thigh, which still troubles her after her accident.... she is able to run but still has physio on it.

Debs, I think they are getting together a team to do it.

A friend of mine is a PT, so they are going ot meet up with me regularly to boost my training, same for Rosie. As an ex-PT myself, I am ashamed to admit that I can be really lazy about my own fitness :oops:

Not heard of the Zombie Race :shock: . Just checked it out and there's one in Edinburgh :lol: .

Sorry to hear Rosie is still having trouble after her accident :( . Hope she regains full fitness soon. I used to do Bodypump and enjoyed it - should probably go back but am too lazy!

Have you heard of the new fitness class "Insanity"? Looks a bit daunting but I'm tempted to give it a go (staying right at the back of the class :anxious: ).

We dragged the bikes out yesterday, it's been ages. I must be the worst cyclist altogether. Far too dangerous for me to go on the road so we did the cycle route at Stowe which is only 3.5 miles and utterly beautiful. Despite that I managed to whine almost the entire way round- such fun for OH. Still, I did it and things can only get better- I hope.

Does any one exercise 7 days a week? I spin on Wednesdays and Fridays. Curves on a Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Day off on a Sunday and Tuesday. I would like to do the C25K which is three times a week so I would probably drop a spinning class. Too much for a 50 year old ? :?

I now class my cycling as transport and not exercise. Cycled about 45 miles last week, this mileage was taking me somewhere and back home again, not a leisure cycle. Got a little lecture at Curves on Saturday for cycling the 9 miles there, doing a workout and cycling home again :roll: I didn't let on I had shopping to do before I went home, so two panniers filled which were quite heavy plus gym bag and hand bag in the basket :lol:

I used to, but was careful never to exercise the same muscle group 2 day running.

Am now back on track - Circuit training on Monday, Body Pump on Wednesday and walking the dogs twice every day.

I have just had a 1:2:1 session with a friend who is a personal trainer; as I am terribly lazy and unfocused when I get to the gym, he has devised 3 short, sharp programmes for me... one is all CV work, another is all resistance training and the last is a mix of the two. He took me through them and my legs are decidedly wobbly today :shock:

I think it's important for your body to have a rest from intensive exercise at least a day a week.

Yes, you are right :D I am putting the C25K on the back burner for a while. I do love the spinning and I am losing inches at Curves so wouldn't want to stop doing them. Just back from spinning, as I was driving home I thought to myself I could have cycled instead of driving, a 10 mile round trip , might do that next Friday :D

I love finding reasons to cycle. :dance:

Interestingly, there is a welsh endurance cycling race (90 miles) that has the hill I live on. This year, it's been reclassified as a mountain :shock:

Ok I do live at the top and it is 2.5 miles up, but I officially regularly cycle up a mountain now :P